1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if it is possible to not buy a data package from Verizon and access the internet by the minute?
    Yes, it is what many people do. It is called NA MOU (National Access - Minutes Only Used). Especially nice after 9 pm and on weekends!
  3.    #3  
    must you sign off after every attemp to access the net, or do you only get charged when u refresh?
    According to Verizon Customer Service YOU MUST sign off after using the net.

Quote Originally Posted by micdavis
    must you sign off after every attemp to access the net, or do you only get charged when u refresh?
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micdavis
    Does anyone know if it is possible to not buy a data package from Verizon and access the internet by the minute?
    Another/safer way to accomplish this is to simply use your ISPs dialup feature. If your ISP doesn't have one, you can find cheap national ones for $5 a month, pay by the month.

I've done this, set up a program called Mail Forward on my home desktop computer, which forwards all email to my dialup ISPs email account to my Treo via an SMS message.

I'm safe from accidentally keeping an always on connection, and I'm getting a form of push email.