1. 320
    My Treo beeps at me....a quiet little but clearly audible beep. I work in a large building and the wireless reception isn't great. When I have the phone in it's (new) Covertec case on my belt it will beep off and on throughout the day. When it beeps, I look for a reason but don't see anything on the screen and so put it back on my belt and it starts beeping again. When I leave it sitting on my desk -- in or out of the case -- it doesn't beep. To add to the mystery, I connected to the web and now it doesn't seem to beep at all. I couldn't find anything about beeps in the online manual. So any thoughts about what this beeping could be? Low signal? Covertec case pressing buttons?
    THANKS!
    Is your Service Tone on?

Phone App -> Menu -> Options -> Sound Preferences -> Tones

If there's poor reception and you go in and out of wireless service area, this might explain it.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3. 320
    You were exactly right.....and I had actually looked for that but didn't find it upon my first search and then forgot about it until it beeped at me again. I do believe the beep was going in and out of service which happens without moving a muscle in my office.

THANK YOU!
    Np
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I am having the same problem but I cannot turn of the roaming tone. M choices are to change to another tone but none or slient is not there.
    Thanks
    Hay guys,
    I should have keep reading because the next post answered my question.
    The information here is great.
    Thanks