1.    #1  
    My Treo 600 Verizon screen cracked and if and when my insurance replacement gets here (Assurion said maybe two weeks) what is the best way to transfer all my data.
    I daily do hot syncs with my laptop, and my list of programs is: Act for Palm, Docs to Go, Snappermail, Splash ID, Ptunes, Audacity.
    My "old" treo still works if I navigate blindly from memory as the screen is totally solid blue.
    If i just do a sync with the "transfer from PC to Treo" checked, will that bring everything to the new Treo?
    And then manually reinstall all programs? or do I install the programs first? What about things like favorites and the different setting for the buttons? Is there a better way?
    Do I need a different program to back up everything? Can I install it without a screen for instructions?
    Any ideas?
    Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    You can use Syncall which sets the backup bit of everything on your palm on, so that when you hotsync, all of your information will be backed up and restored. Just install it on the old phone, do a hotsync with the old phone, and then hotsync with the new phone.
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/communication/syncall.shtml

Some things will still require registration codes to be input again. This can be installed without a screen, all you have to do is hotsync it onto your Treo, then your following hotsync and all hotsyncs after that will back up all data instead of select data. Then you can just hook up the new Treo, and all the data will come onto the new treo when you hotsync.

I also use Backupman and a full backup there gives me a full backup of every bit of data I have.
    You might be able to use this without a screen, but it would be tough to remember how to get into the program and run it.
  3.    #3  
    AlbertB;

Thanks for the response. Before writing the above thread, I had done searches using "backup" and I didn't see much information. But if you search for syncall or backupman, wa-la there is more info than one needs.

After reading, it seems you are right.

Syncall does the job for the simple backup and is easy.

There seems to be some different options depending on the urgency to have a backup in your SD card for traveling without a laptop, and for backing up SD to PC.
    I guess I should address that after (and if) I get back up and running with the new
    replacement unit. I am still furious that Assurion is backordered on the Treo 600. I have this gut feeling that maybe the fight has just begun. I wonder "how" new this replacement unit will be.
    Anyway, thanks for the help.

Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon