1.    #1  
    Palm announced earnings, and the stock is way up 22% on the day (including aftermarket trades)

They said that sales of thier smartphones are very strong.

Kind of takes the pressure of having to anounce until they are ready

Here is the link:

http://pressroom.palmone.com/investo...storyId=120549
    Wow, by all reports it seems they hit a homerun this quarter. I don't like to comment much on stock action in general, so I'll stop other than to echo jimHy that they don't NEED to announce a new device until they are good and ready.
    call in now, 888.335.6680, no password needed
    Nothing mentioned yet..hopefully one of the analysts will ask

EDIT: Sounds like they're keeping mum until October...
    Last edited by scottymomo; 09/20/2004 at 04:37 PM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    The speaker keeps dancing around Treo 650 questions!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    yes, I like how he mentioned they wouldn't announce anything until the "fall"...as if that's more than 2 days away...
    "You can assume there will be a fall product launch..."
    Great quarter! It's funny how the nay sayers always go mum around this time and only come out a couple of months later with the same old "negative for negativity's sake" blather.
  9.    #9  
    Sounds like 10/5. They must have mentioned that date 4 or five times during the call. Twice they specifically invited the analysts to come to NY for the conference. I would bet money that they make the announcement on 10/5. They did make it seem that they have new products to announce, but they have not announce anything yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Wow, by all reports it seems they hit a homerun this quarter. I don't like to comment much on stock action in general, so I'll stop other than to echo jimHy that they don't NEED to announce a new device until they are good and ready.
    I take my own comment back. I guess in the call they made it sound like future sales might not be so hot and dropped 10% after hours. What a switch in under an hour.
    Nothing was mentioned about the 650 (or more correctly - PLMO said they would not mention future products that haven't been launched).

There was some sort of number mentioned about smartphone sales but I wasn't listening when it was mentioned (stuck in traffic) - I do not know if they said "smartphones" or "TREO 600s" when they mentioned quantity sold-in (no, not sold-through - they don't mention that anymore). the quantity sold-in that they did mention apparently was larger than they had predicted for TREO 600 sales so could indeed be "smartphones" rather than TREO 600s.

This thread belongs elsewhere. <== This sentence no longer true! That was fast
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 09/20/2004 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Added comment next to "wrong loc for thread"
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    I take my own comment back. I guess in the call they made it sound like future sales might not be so hot and dropped 10% after hours. What a switch in under an hour.
    There also was some sort of comments during Q&A that suggested (poorly -was greeting kidlet while listening after gettting home) that PDA sales would actually grow in percentage of overall sales - I think - that's a 180 degree turn from what PLMO has been saying since last year if that's what they said (that is, TREO family sales ain't gonna take off relatively speaking). But I don;t know if that's what I heard when JPM asked their questions...
  13.    #13  
    One thing they did mention was that they have whittled the 600 inventory down to about seven weeks of product.

Dude, the unit delivery still shrinks!
    Palmone is going to be so screwed by January.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by suskind

Dude, the unit delivery still shrinks!
    Palmone is going to be so screwed by January.
    Did it? I heard they sold 273,000 treos vs. 150,000 last quarter (and over 300,000 treos expected in the coming quarter).