1.    #1  
    How do we pronounce "Treo"? I heard from of buddy yesterday that PalmOne says it is "Traayo," rhyming with "bay." I have always pronounced it "Treeo" rhyming with "see."

What do you use? Which is correct? What is your authority?

Robert in Austin, Texas
    Tree-o as in a combo of three. PDA-Phone-Internet(email,surf,IM)

I am 95% sure of that
    I've always pronounced it as "Traayo." That being said, your final question of "what is your authority" is a good one, I don't really have one. Everyone I know that has one has just always pronounced it that way and I don't really know if there is a "correct" way to say it?

By the way Matt, your logic makes sense, to a certain extent, but what about the Treo90?
    Paul,

Treo90? Parts bin Technology? HS was making the Treo Communicator line and wanted to hit the PDA market still, even though the Visors were EOL (End of Life). What came first? I can't recall, was it the Treo90 or the Treo180/g or both?

I want to say I remember HS saying it was leaving the PDA market and switching their core focus to the communicator line (Treo)

Treo90 - PDA/Keyboard/SD-IO (I'm really grasping on this one...LOL)

Aso, I think if you look up "Trio" in the dictioary, you will find the pronunciation guide will show "Treo" with the line over the "e"?

BTW, I have no authority, never had, never will.
    I've always said "Tree Oh", that's how I read it online too. Though when I called TreoCentral about an order I made once their recorded message pronouced it "Tray Oh". She seemed like she had a bit of a british/australian accent though, so it could also be regional. I'm sure only palmOne, or handspring rather, knows how it's really said though.
    Donna Dubinsky(sp?) pronounced it as treeee oh in an interview gfunk posted in another thread. I always pronounced it the same. I think it's a play on "trio"...a combination of three. Also in the name on the phone there is a line over the "e". That means that it is a long "e"
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexTreo600
    How do we pronounce "Treo"? I heard from of buddy yesterday that PalmOne says it is "Traayo," rhyming with "bay." I have always pronounced it "Treeo" rhyming with "see."

What do you use? Which is correct? What is your authority?

Robert in Austin, Texas
    TreeO.

If you look at the print on the faceplate you will see a "-'" over the E. In the english language, this forces the sound of the vowel as long ("e" as in tree), not short ("eh" as in bet).
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    I know a Robert in Austin that has a Treo600, this the same Robert? Robert Q?
    I usually pernounce it "My sexy *****"
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    I know a Robert in Austin that has a Treo600, this the same Robert? Robert Q?
    I go by "Rob" and my last initial is "R."

The last thing I have learned about my Treo (T-Mobile) is that when I have outbound caller id blocked the device demands a password to listen to voicemail. I could not figure out what my password was or how to find it, so I called customer service at T-Mobile and got an answer.

I add, since March 2004 I have called them a few times and it has always been helpful.

She told me the password was the last four digits of my cell phone number. It did not work and so she said she would reset it to the same number and that it might take a couple of hours to take effect.

Then she read on her database that if outbound caller id is blocked, the password is required. I unblocked and was able to check my missed calls (from the seminar I was in Friday and where my buddy commented about Treeo and Trayo).

As I was composing this I dialed "123" to retreive voice messages and it played them even though outbound caller id is blocked. I add, prior to last Friday my device did play voice messages even though outbound caller id was toggled to be blocked. The only thing I can figure out is that maybe my soft reset of today caused the device to return to the mode it has usually been in since March.

I hope I have not screwed up the thread by changing the title.

Robert, Austin, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by panties
    I usually pernounce it "My sexy *****"
    HAHAHAH! YEAH!

...I pronounce it Trayo. lol I'm an outcast of the digital society I guess.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    It's tree-oh.
    I always called it a tray-oo...but I've heard a lot more Tree-oh's these days. I think I may be wrong, but embarrassed to switch after all these years.

Chris

--------
    www.everythingtreo.com
    Rob R,
    Yep..Wrong person. But an Austinite all the same

Just some input. I would make a new post about the VM, and change the toipic back to the origianl.
    I think it must be "tree oh" because of the use of the macron over the "e" to indicate a long vowel sound. What's a macron? Funny you should ask. A macron is...
    http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Macron

16. smn
    You say tray-o I say tree-o, let's call the whole thing off.
    Quote Originally Posted by smn
    You say tray-o I say tree-o, let's call the whole thing off.
    Dan? Dan Quayle? Is that you?

<< My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    I pronounce it Tree-o, but I've always wondered:

Am I the only person that thinks the word "Treo" is oddly similar to "Tricorder"?
    <a href=http://www.floydpinkerton.net>My Homepage</a><br>
    <a href=http://www.totaldialup.net>TotalDialup.com</a> My business<br>
    <a href=http://www.coverupsounds.com>Coverupsounds.com</a> (my small contribution)