Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I wonder if we will finally see the 650?

http://www.treoroadshow.com/
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I'd say YES...why put on this huge roadshow in so many cities unless they have something new to show???
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    I"m signing up for the Boston show... anyone else going tobe there? Afternoon session for me.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    The BAD NEWS is that it looks like it may not be released until the first of December!!?? Did not the 600 get released until all of the road shows were completed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort
    The BAD NEWS is that it looks like it may not be released until the first of December!!?? Did not the 600 get released until all of the road shows were completed?
    Well at the road shows for the Treo 600 you were able to play around with the then new Treo's. However they did not go one sale til a week later if I remember correctly.
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I'm planning to attend the morning session in DC.

If you note the profile questions, they seem to have a focus on wireless messaging solutions.
    Do you have to have a job to attend these? What about a tech-savvy Stay-Home -Dad who owns a TREO??
    Hey ttrundle, I'm just a senior in college taking some time off to check out the latest and greatest...

Go to it and enjoy the show!
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
  9.    #9  
    i signed up for the afternoon in nyc techxny. hope it is worth the day off.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I work for a vendor that resells the Treo line. The PalmOne rep was by here last week and said that the tentative release date is 10/26.
    I'm at the nyc session now. Will update with any developments.
    They are not releasing any info on the upcoming Treo. But if you sign up for the roadshow, you can buy a Treo for $199. I'll look into the offer later. Ebay opportunity?
    no doubt! is that only if you signed up? or do you have to attend?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une ťmission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I think you just have to sign up. Here's the info for you guys.

www.viennachannels.com/palmoneevents
    coupon code: mobiletreo
    They say the code will be matched against the email name you use to register for the event.
    Someone might want to check the WHOIS of that last post for accuracy. IP address is 67.18.75.158

OrgName: ThePlanet.com Internet Services, Inc.
    OrgID: TPCM
    Address: 1333 North Stemmons Freeway
    Address: Suite 110
    City: Dallas
    StateProv: TX
    PostalCode: 75207
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I also was at the roadshow.
    Must attend to use that coupon, they will check e-mails to validate.

There was a lot of kidding and winking about not being able to discuss "upcoming releases".
    when a member of the audience mentioned the "treo 650". The speaker said, "Great name, maybe we can use that!"

One interesting note: In response to a question it was mentioned that they are "trying" to work on ways to bring improvments to the software found in "upcoming releases" to the treo600 as well. (sounds like the potential for a software upgrade for those sticking with the treo600.)
    Wow, tough crowd

Well, I'll confirm that racerx2k is on the up-andup. That is the info that was provided (though I did have to leave early).... and this is something that really impressed me. When you go to the page, they allow you to purchase any carrier's Treo 600. Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile or Cingular. Now that's impressive!

The only thing they don't mention (as far as I saw) is whether or not this is restricted to a new activation. If so, then it's really not too big a deal if you are going with AT&T since they are already selling the Treo 600 for $199 after new activation and rebate. On the other hand, if you are looking for a Verizon Treo, then this could be a really sweet deal. Verizon is nowhere near $199 and is not likely to EVER reach $199. Heck, they're still selling the 7135 for something like $399.

Quote Originally Posted by steveme
    Someone might want to check the WHOIS of that last post for accuracy. IP address is 67.18.75.158

OrgName: ThePlanet.com Internet Services, Inc.
    OrgID: TPCM
    Address: 1333 North Stemmons Freeway
    Address: Suite 110
    City: Dallas
    StateProv: TX
    PostalCode: 75207
    Ok thats good. I was looking over the site, and I dont know who posts what here. It kinka looked bogus, I ran it and it came back Texas, where Palm is based. Some of the links were weird, but its good it legit. Always have to be careful.
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx2k
    I think you just have to sign up. Here's the info for you guys.

www.viennachannels.com/palmoneevents
    coupon code: mobiletreo
    They say the code will be matched against the email name you use to register for the event.

Careful here, the site asks you to enter personal information, including credit card number and security number on back of card.

AND, the site is not https. Seems a little fishy. Maybe fine, but I would think PalmOne would use a https site for any credit card info request.

$199 for a Treo 600? Seems a little too good to be true.

Maybe I'm over-reacting. but, I'm not signing up through this site.
    Thx to the guys who backed me up. I looked up the site on my treo while i was at the roadshow (that's also where I posted from). I guess with all the phishing going on, everyone's a little careful. I'm in information security, so I'm sure I would've thought the same. If anyone's wary, use a credit card (not a debit card) w/ one of those one-time numbers. In any case, I'm gonna order one and see what happens. If I sell this and my existing T600, I guess my T650 is paid for.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast