Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. lj46's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
       #1  
    Has anyone had a problem with using the Treo 600 during flight time. I turned the phone off but was told by the flight attendant that this device could not be used.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by lj46
    Has anyone had a problem with using the Treo 600 during flight time. I turned the phone off but was told by the flight attendant that this device could not be used.
    There are few extensive threads on TC users' experience with this. Search around and you should have enough reading to keep you busy.

    The short answer is yes.
  3. #3  
    Get a window seat. You can do pretty much anything you want.
  4. #4  
    If you have the phone turned off and are not receiving dkigital then there are no trqansmissions and you should be able to use the Treo for music, games, etc. My poroblem is that on this trip I goit the message no data traqnsmisdsion while roaming and I could not use Internet. No such message lkast year. What gives? I use SPRINT. If you can email me at: digital843@aol.com Thanks

    John
  5. #5  
    Southwest Airlines lets you use your cellphone as long as it can be demonstrated to the flight attendant that reception/transmission is disabled.

    This is printed in the Spirit magazine, which you'll find in the seatback pocket.
  6. Theta's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by xpanmanx
    Southwest Airlines lets you use your cellphone as long as it can be demonstrated to the flight attendant that reception/transmission is disabled.

    This is printed in the Spirit magazine, which you'll find in the seatback pocket.
    I had four seperate Southwest Airlines flight attendants tell me to turn the phone off in the past month. The Spirit magazine at that time said that if your device is capable of transmitting, it must remain completely off during the flight. The flight attendants apologized, said she knew it could be used with the radio off, but she still couldn't let me use it at all.

    Same thing from Americawest Airlines.

    Of course it all depends on the human factor I'm sure...
  7. #7  
    Wonder what those flight attendants would say if I told them that that I can never completely switch the device off, and that the battery is not removeable? They'd probably have 4 of the largest male passengers sit on me.

    (Did you know that you can use a GPS on a Southwest airplane?)
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Theta
    I had four seperate Southwest Airlines flight attendants tell me to turn the phone off in the past month. The Spirit magazine at that time said that if your device is capable of transmitting, it must remain completely off during the flight. The flight attendants apologized, said she knew it could be used with the radio off, but she still couldn't let me use it at all.

    Same thing from Americawest Airlines.

    Of course it all depends on the human factor I'm sure...
    When the phone part is switched off, the device is no more capable of data transmission than a Visor.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
  9. #9  
    I loved it when the non-revenue, uniformed pilot riding in the center seat, one row in front of me, answered an incoming cell call during final approach.

    The flight attendants glared at ME when the phone rang, but completely changed their demeanor when they saw the pilot flip open his phone and start talking.

    Wonder what they would've done if I'd been the one receiving the call?

    You're right about that human factor.
  10. #10  
    So far I have used my Treo 600 on lots of flights. I usually plug it into the fold-up keyboard I have. One FA even saw me using it with the keyboard and said, "Well, I have never seen that before." But none have told me I can't use it.

    I have never flown Southwest, and haven't flown America West since I got the 600.

    -Sim
     
    NoisyGecko
  11. #11  
    I've never had any problems on American...games, Pocket Tunes, etc.

    FWIW: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=57955
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  12. #12  
    I had trouble with SouthWest.. Does the "Spirit" magazine really say you can use a device as long as you can prove it's not transmitting? I'll have to take a look on my next flight...
  13. #13  
    See my response from Southwest Airlines in this thread...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=56550&page=3

Posting Permissions