Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Check out this link... looks good. I haven't tried it yet though.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gmail-mobile
    Its always interesting on Twitter @joelb
  2.    #2  
    I dont know if it will work or not... but it looks promising...
    Its always interesting on Twitter @joelb
    Just tested it out, and it works! Kinda... It's all a text user insterface since it is made for WAP, but you can get your gmail emails from there. Just put all the files in a folder on a web server running php and you are all set to go.

Problem is, it gives an error message /wap/main.php was not found on server even though the email got sent when I put the main.php file in both the root directory and a subfolder I named wap.
    Last edited by albertb; 09/10/2004 at 10:05 AM.
    hmm, now we just need the googlemail file system for mobiles. . .
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

How does one obtain a gmail account?
    Quote Originally Posted by richeddy
    How does one obtain a gmail account?
    You can email me at timmyo@gmail.com and i'll send you an invite.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    great find! my girl and i have been looking for a way to read our gmail on my treo or her samsung e715.

Many Thanks!

Timmay
    This is a fabulous app. Of course, you have to have access to a server, but it's a shame that Gmail hasn't taken this and run with it!
    Wow.. runs better than I thought.. good find!
    Sounds trustworthy by what you all say... Haven't tried it yet... But if this didnt sound like the most unstable way of checking your gmail. lol
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen
    ...it's a shame that Gmail hasn't taken this and run with it!
    Gmail is still technically in beta. I would hope that inovations like these will be incorporated into Gmail at some point if they prove popular. It would definitely make me use my gmail account more if there was either access by pop (so I could use the built in mail app on the Treo) or using the Treo web browser, (a cut down, quick to load version would be good).

I guess the reason the don't want you to do that is because then u wouldn't see the adverts, but I'm sure they'd think of something, ("ur accessing ur mail from a Treo? here's an advert for Treo accessories!")
    rotfl. love yoru avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by panties
    Wow.. runs better than I thought.. good find!
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I'm really interested in using this app. Problem is that my ISP doesn't support PHP for customers, and of course won't let communication to my desktop over port 80.

Anyone know of a good free host that supports PHP, or anyone successfully set this up yet?
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Ok got this set up, thought I'd share the info with anyone else who was having the same problems I was having:

download gmail-lite 0.56 from soulforge.net

got free php enabled webhosting from www.freepgs.com

once account was authorized, all worked well.
    Just download/install http://www.gpopper.com/ and use something like snappermail to check your email. Gpopper basically turns your Gmail account into a pop3 mailbox... imap support is coming too.
    Quote Originally Posted by outz
    Just download/install http://www.gpopper.com/ and use something like snappermail to check your email. Gpopper basically turns your Gmail account into a pop3 mailbox... imap support is coming too.
    i saw your posting in his donator's forum. you and i were having the same problem. did you get the problem fixed
    the problem about t-mobiles tzones pop3 checker receiving the index error when checking mail via the gpopper server? nah... still haven't gotten it fixed yet. Hopefully he will be able to resolve this issue soon as it seems to affect more email clients than just the tzones pop3 checker.
    Quote Originally Posted by outz
    the problem about t-mobiles tzones pop3 checker receiving the index error when checking mail via the gpopper server? nah... still haven't gotten it fixed yet. Hopefully he will be able to resolve this issue soon as it seems to affect more email clients than just the tzones pop3 checker.
    i have sprint and i get the same message so i hope izzy can get it fixed soon. in my thread he mentioned he was going to get a friend's treo to try to troubleshoot.
    ah... you are referring to the treo builtin email client bug? Here is my setup... t-mobile has a login to their webpage where you can setup their site to auto check a pop3 account and send you an SMS with the subject whenever you have email... i wanted to set it up to do that with Gpopper but I continue to get the Index error. For now I just use snappermail on my treo and it works great with gpopper. Have you tried that yet?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast