Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Hello,
    I finally broke down and purchased the 600. I couldn't wait for the 650! Please help with the following question. I use ACT and I downloaded the ACT for Palm software. I was hoping that when I was in an ACT contact screen looking at customer information I could just dial their number from that screen. Can't do it with ACT / TREO 600. I realize that I can use the Palm contacts screen and dial, but I would have to retype every contact again, plus when using the standard Palm contacts you can't schedule directly from that screen. I was hoping I could look at a customer contact screen, dial from it, and also schedule appointments from it. Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by gator12
    Hello,
    I finally broke down and purchased the 600. I couldn't wait for the 650! Please help with the following question. I use ACT and I downloaded the ACT for Palm software. I was hoping that when I was in an ACT contact screen looking at customer information I could just dial their number from that screen. Can't do it with ACT / TREO 600. I realize that I can use the Palm contacts screen and dial, but I would have to retype every contact again, plus when using the standard Palm contacts you can't schedule directly from that screen. I was hoping I could look at a customer contact screen, dial from it, and also schedule appointments from it. Am I missing something?
    You should be able to dial right from the contact if you are using Act! for the Palm OS. it is set up that way to work from a Treo 600. You should then be able to go back to act and schedule an appt. while on the call.
    You have to go to the ACT! website and download a fix for the treo 600. I had the same problem. After I did the latest firmware download for the treo. It's called 'act! for palm update101'....
    A little phone icon will appear in the lower right corner next to the magnifying glass icon.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Thanks,
    The upgrade worked. Happy now!
    Hell I am going to use Act on my palm as well is their anything eles to know?

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Need some more help. I have ACT on my 600. It reside under the Calendar button on the phone. When I am in the ACT program and decise to push the telephone button, it is also now ACT with my contact list instead of the dial key pad. I have to press another button to get it back to phone mode. Why is this ?
    Act for Palm hijacks the phone button. You have to remap your phone to another button, as any time you use Act it will retake control of the button. No work around that I have been able to find. I have just had to live with it.

john