1.    #1  
    There seems to be a lawsuit of RIM in the US... "(CEO) Todd Bradley at PalmOne said he didn't want anything to do with RIM until the NTP case is settled, that's indicative of the sentiment in the industry."

http://news.com.com/Five+tech+firms+...?tag=nefd.lede

It's good to know that it's not really PalmOne's inability, unwillingness, or other relationships (Sprint BC, Goodlink, etc) to hook up to Blackberry. Perhaps once that's settled, we'll have Blackberry.
    What is the Treo lacking that Blackberry has got? I googled without getting smarter...

Seems to be a local thing to the US? Perhaps that's why I have not heard of it?
    Push email and outlook sync-ing is what the Treo is missing that the BlackBerry has...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by christine
    What is the Treo lacking that Blackberry has got? I googled without getting smarter...

Seems to be a local thing to the US? Perhaps that's why I have not heard of it?
    RIM is a Canadian-based company, but it's available world wide (http://www.blackberry.com/ or http://www.blackberry.com/worldwide/index.shtml)

And yeah it's what bigredgpk said. Instant e-mail delivered to your phone (as opposed to waiting 15 minutes or what not) and syncing with your inbox (if you delete on the handset, it deletes on the server). For many corporations this is a big deal. Think SMS messaging (in it's instant-ness), but by using e-mail it can be more robust and doesn't require the other party to have SMS or be on a phone.
    Thankyou bigredgpk and bmacfarland.
    Blackberry is also supposed to be able to handle PDF files. There is no elegant mobile solution for this on Palm.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
  7. MDK
    I have a TREO with IntelliSync's Enterprise Client. I get:
    Push mail (Instant or on any interval I choose)
    Full Outlook (client and Exchange server) integration
    Wireless Sync
    3DES Encryption on Data streams
    Wireless Backup
    Wireless Installation of Software
    Wireless HARD RESET of Device from Home Client(in case of theft)
    ...the list of features goes on....

I'm pretty sure that Blackberry sucks compared to how we're using our Treo's
    with Palm Apps galore...Web surfing...Sweet PHONE functionality...

Need anyone say more?

This IS TreoCentral
    Well there is Good software... they do almost the same services as BB but made for the Treo...

http://www.good.com/

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Bigredgpk - I think you may have missed out on some software features of Treo 600
    Outlook Synch - standard feature via cable synchronization using the PocketMirror Conduits on the CD. If you want a very complete synch of all the extended fields in Outlook, you can use Chapura Beyond Contacts.

Push email and wireless Exchange account access - I use GoodLink. I have used Visto software in the past too. GoodLink mails arrive to my Treo about a second after they hit my Outlook desktop client and often at the same time. I also have access to my calendar (accept, decline meet invites etc), corporate exchange address book, tasks and memos. There are a few things you cannot do such as book resources for a meeting event but these are minor restrictions. Other than that I feel like I am sitting in front of my Outlook.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Well there is Good software... they do almost the same services as BB but made for the Treo...

http://www.good.com/

Timmay
    Yes, but for those of us who work for large companies that have standardized on BB, which, subject to Good achieving a marketing miracle, is most big companies, BB has a major built-in advantage. Not exactly analogous, but think about Internet Explorer vs. Netscape. Which one do you have running on your desktop? Is it because of IE's technical superiority or something else?

There are lots of corporate e-mail solutions for the Treo, but with the possible exception of Good, none are as seamless as BB. Some of them are good enough that I am not yet about to abandon my Treo for a RIM 7100, but it has its attractions, and could offer a plausible competitive alternative if the quality issues with the Treo eventually get to be too tiresome.
    could someone please tell me what the good service costs? thank you
    Look at Chatter - push mail support at a one-time hit that interacts great with most of the major IMAP providers. Ben
    ive been using chatter since the beta release of imap support and am severely disappointed with it.

i am reverting to using snappermail and can only rely on its 5 minute interval email retrieval due to chatter freaking out every once in a while when receiving a new push email. see what happens is not only does chatter download the new email, but then it begins to re download every single message that i have saved in my inbox. it will eventually correct itself as more emails come through but is beyond annoying to deal with 30 email notifications while on the phone or with a customer. it is completely unacceptable.

another reason for the snappermail advantage is the attachment support. i have sprint and i do not subscribe to their picture mail service. so when i view my photo album and want to send something, my treo does not have an email option there, just the sprint picturemail. apparantly this is sprints way of forcing people to subscribe to the service.

i am able, however, to attach a photo through snappermail. this is something that i see cannot be done with chatter.

i really wished chatter worked, push email is ideal, and the price is right, but i cant live with that bug of re downloading messages i already have sitting in my inbox. any suggestions are appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by robcuenca
    could someone please tell me what the good service costs? thank you
    A Good license costs around $330 per year per person. It's a great solution for a business, but not for individuals; too pricey and there are some IT complications for set-up, configuration and maintenance. But if your business is paying for it, and you have IT support in-house, it is really a wonderful solution.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robcuenca
    ive been using chatter since the beta release of imap support and am severely disappointed with it.

i am reverting to using snappermail and can only rely on its 5 minute interval email retrieval due to chatter freaking out every once in a while when receiving a new push email. see what happens is not only does chatter download the new email, but then it begins to re download every single message that i have saved in my inbox. it will eventually correct itself as more emails come through but is beyond annoying to deal with 30 email notifications while on the phone or with a customer. it is completely unacceptable.

another reason for the snappermail advantage is the attachment support. i have sprint and i do not subscribe to their picture mail service. so when i view my photo album and want to send something, my treo does not have an email option there, just the sprint picturemail. apparantly this is sprints way of forcing people to subscribe to the service.

i am able, however, to attach a photo through snappermail. this is something that i see cannot be done with chatter.

i really wished chatter worked, push email is ideal, and the price is right, but i cant live with that bug of re downloading messages i already have sitting in my inbox. any suggestions are appreciated.
    You should check out Chatter again. Marc has fixed the bugs you refer to and has added support for attachments.
    lgrose, thanks for that info! your right, it is more than i can do at the moment, but seems like an awesome solution.

txdot, that is very good news, thanks for that info! did marc release a new version number that i should look for? i would be glad to try it again.

thanks for the help guys!