Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Honest opinion please. This will be my first Smartphone. I'm trialing the Treo 600. I'm used to the HP IPAQ 4150, a pretty decent PDA. After my Treo trial I was going to trial the HP 6315. Why should I go with Treo over the Ipaq?
    The advantage of the Treo is that it is a fully integrated device. The handy size makes it truly usable as a phone. The carefully thought out interface makes one-handed operation a breeze. Add to that the thousands of available Palm applications and it is amazing what you can do and how dependent you become on this device. One example is the free Directory Assist application which lets you look up any residential or commercial listing. At the touch of a button you can then 1) Dial the phone number 2) Copy the full address to the address book database (from which you can dial later) 3) Pull up a Mapquest map of the location. This is one small illustration of how successful the Treo is at integrating its phone/PDA/wireless data functions.
    Last edited by vflopez; 09/09/2004 at 08:40 PM.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    im holdin off of the treo ace because I want a device that has 128 mb ram, 624mhz processor, bluetooth, wifi, ev-do, 2 megapixel camera, great browsing experience, superior speakerphone, and brilliant 480 x 320 res screen...
    and 10 minute battery life?!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    alwost everyone has been affected by the slow processor, all entertainment software falls short due to the processor.

FYI, if the rumored specs are true, then the Ace will have the same 312MHz Intel PXA270 processor found on the Zire 72 which is supposedly pretty damned zippy!! It should well suffice for emus, browsing, video playback and what not....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    yeah, I am really looking forward to the new processor in the 650, it really should have been in the 600.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Im betting they dont add wi-fi because the carriers wont support that. You could use a voip service to make calls and bypass the carriers networks alltogether so long as you have coverage.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12