1.    #1  
    Looking for putting a general med text on sd card. Interested to know which one is best. Is PDR available for sd card, too?

Thanks.
    ePocrates is better then the PDR and is free; not sure if you can use it off the sd card, though. They have a package deal that is a fee-based program, but you get the infectious disease component, the DX component (like the 5-minute clinical consult) and have recently added a Lab component. Worth looking at www.epocrates.com.
    But every time you use it, it tries to access epocrates. I deleted it.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    The 800-pound gorilla of electronic medical texts is Skyscape at www.skyscape.com. Their library of texts grows on a monthly basis. Of course they aren't cheap!
    One of the best free ones is Merck Medicus. Merck manual, journals, and lab component for free! Another freebie (though not a medical text) is the Hopkins drug guide at www.hopkinsabx.org.
    Check out sites like www.pdacortex.com for collections of free (and pay) apps.

-Craig
    -Craig J.

Visor Platinum -= Clie T615CS -= treo 600 -=treo 650 -= Tilt
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. "
    -Douglas Adams
  5.    #5  
    Thanks.
    Shneor: that is because ePocrates updates when you HotSync to keep it current. That is the beauty of this, constant updating!
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meducate
    Shneor: that is because ePocrates updates when you HotSync to keep it current. That is the beauty of this, constant updating!
    Both ePocrates and PDR mobile do this. It is a beauty and a curse since it makes the HotSync VERY long. I actually like PDR better since it paraphrases what is in the regular PDR (unlike ePocrates which re-writes it). PDR mobile also tells you what page in the PDR you can find the entire package insert. PDR mobile will run from an SD card, but won't update itself. I never tired it with ePocrates.
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by meducate
    I only hotsync when absolutely necessary - downloaded software that Handziper can't handle. But it seemed to me that ePocrates was trying to connect wirelessly every time I tried to use it.

I prefer updates only when I want it, not automatically.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    IMHO, Tarascon is probably the best overall pharmacopoeia. Also, if you want a great pda med reference, checkout the eMedicine library of pda optimized ebooks! For a $100 bucks, you get a 100 MB of the most updated texts! Very nice imo.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions