Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I had several Pocket PC (Ipaqs) and recently switched to a Mac. I was also fed up with using a pda and a cell phone, but I had always used a Pocket PC. Pocket PCs don't work well with Macs, so I opted for the Treo600 after much research.
    This is what I found.

What I didn't like: The Treo has less resolution than the IPaqs so the picture is not as good. The syncing abilities of the Pocket PC is better with Windows than the Palm has with a Mac, but it does work on the Mac. I doesn't have blue tooth. It's harder to transfer files to the Treo...but learned to do it.

What I really liked: The all in one function of the phone/pda integration of the Treo600. The fact that I can access the net anywhere (the Ipaq was limited to a wireless network). Texting is very easy on the Treo. Most of all the functions that I had on the Pocket PC can be found on the palm, e.g. syncing with my money program (I use Quicken now). The programs use Much less memory. The keypad is great...I use it all the time. I'm just learning all the programs that I can use on the Palm...so I can really comment on that.

If I had to choose between the Ipac and the Treo600 I would go with the Treo mainly because of the phone and net functions. I would really like the next model Treo650. It seems to have Bluetooth and better screen resolution.
    I hope this helps.
    I had several Pocket PC (Ipaqs) and recently switched to a Mac. I was also fed up with using a pda and a cell phone, but I had always used a Pocket PC. Pocket PCs don't work well with Macs, so I opted for the Treo600 after much research.
    This is what I found.

What I didn't like: The Treo has less resolution than the IPaqs so the picture is not as good. The syncing abilities of the Pocket PC is better with Windows than the Palm has with a Mac, but it does work on the Mac. I doesn't have blue tooth. It's harder to transfer files to the Treo...but learned to do it.

What I really liked: The all in one function of the phone/pda integration of the Treo600. The fact that I can access the net anywhere (the Ipaq was limited to a wireless network). Texting is very easy on the Treo. Most of all the functions that I had on the Pocket PC can be found on the palm, e.g. syncing with my money program (I use Quicken now). The programs use Much less memory. The keypad is great...I use it all the time. I'm just learning all the programs that I can use on the Palm...so I can really comment on that.

If I had to choose between the Ipac and the Treo600 I would go with the Treo mainly because of the phone and net functions. I would really like the next model Treo650. It seems to have Bluetooth and better screen resolution.
    I hope this helps.
    I'm sure, and bet it's mentioned above more than once, the difference is wireless web PLUS what you already had. Options? Endless.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12