Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    "...as seen on WeeBitObsessed's 500+ reply post..."

Introducing the first live Treo chat room. I have always thought it'd be great if there was a live, web based, chat room for the Treo; so I went and made one. TreoChat, as I call it, is a small part of my larger ChatFusion 3 irc chat server. The chat room is accessible from the web via a java interface, from any irc client (such as mirc or x-chat), or directly from the Treo using upIRC. To connect simply use one of the following addresses:

TreoChat:
    web: http://treo.chatfusion.net/
    irc: irc.chatfusion.net (#Treo)
    treo: http://treo.chatfusion.net/ (from Blazer)

ChatFusion:
    web: http://www.chatfusion.net/

Please note: I don't gain anything at all by getting hits to either web site. I have absolutely no advertising and bring in no profit at all. Think of this as merely a Treo web site from one Treo user to another.

Let me know what you think,
    - Phil -
    Very nice.
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    great place to chat directly with other treo owners
    <a href="http://www.intarweb-master.blogspot.com"target="blank">My Blog</a>
    cool, I've a new place to be a bum in!
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

I'm in!
    What happened to the chatroom? Seems like the server is down.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Thanks pm12210 for this post. I have tried to access this chat from my Treo and it asks for a server when trying to use IRC. My cell provider is T-Mobile. What server script do I use or where do I find out? Sorry to bother. Thanks in advance. AusTexTreo600/Robert
  8.    #8  
    Sorry to anyone that tried to connect over the past few days, apparently the chat server software had got shut down and didn't let me know. Anyway, it's all back up now. As for the T-Mo user. If you are using the T-Zones instead of unlimited internet you'll have to connect to port 110 (yes, the email port), through upirc. And again, sorry to anyone that followed the link to only find a dead server, it's back now

- Phil -
    I downloaded upIRC to my Treo600/T-Mobile. When it tells me to select server, no server is listed. If I must enter a server manually, what server id do I enter? Thanks in advance.
    yay! my home away from home is back! That I, uhm, connect to from home. . .

the chat server is a standard IRC server you can use Mirc on your desktop or upIRC on your palm.

The server you want to connect to is irc.chatfusion.net once connected you can join the room #treo by entering the commond "/join #treo" in the system screen.

oh and uh, you guys that check out the chatroom, please try and stay for a couple hours. It's kinda funny yet sad to see people poke there head in and then leave only to be followed by someone else doing the same.

It's equally sad to come in and stay for 20 minutes and not hear anyone say a word.
    can anyone steer me to a general introductory chat to playing MP3s on the 600? best software, etc.?
    thanks.
    Thanks, Tekara, and others who answer questions, provide tips, etc. I was able to access the upIRC chat on my Treo600/T-Mobile. And I figured out how to register my id and password. Am anxious to figure out now how to participate in the chat, etc. Again, thanks. Robert in Austin, Texas
    does anyone have this working on sprint get to the page and that is it.

Fred
    If you want to use your treo to connect you'll need to use upIRC. The webpage provided is for use with your computer. the webpage uses a java based interface that the treo doesn't support.

17.    #17  
    Remember, you can open the address in blazer and it'll provide a direct download of the PRC files to the Treo. And remember, it may not seem to lively when you join, but people come and go all day and you're bound to find someone. Have fun.

- Phil -
    Quote Originally Posted by pmm12210
    Remember, you can open the address in blazer and it'll provide a direct download of the PRC files to the Treo. And remember, it may not seem to lively when you join, but people come and go all day and you're bound to find someone. Have fun.

- Phil -
    I tried from my Treo to click the link. It opens up to download the upIRC.prc and upirc_pdoc.pdb. When I click the the upIRC.prc, it does not download, it shows me hex values like you are looking at the innards of a file. What am I missing?
    That's odd, the PRC file is the executable for the palm, it should just download.

You might want to try getting upirc with your desktop then hotsyncing it over.

20.    #20  
    Which treo are you using? The link works fine from my 600. If you're using an older treo you may want to goto http://www.chatfusion.net/ and go to the mobile page and download upirc and sync it. You can always log in from the web site as well and get live support.

- Phil -
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast