I just ordered my new Treo 600 and am a little nervous is it will be better than my T mobile sidekick. The PDA functions are a close second priority to my wanting and needing of text message functions as well as a.i.m and MP3 funtions. Did I make a wise choice or should get my ebay add ready for the treo now?(F.Y.I I got the treo for free due to 4 replaced sidekick in 6 months.)
    You will be more than happy. It was a good choice. It's a great phone, organizer and PDA. The SMS is the best I have ever had in a phone.
    Oh, great thanks. Now I do have one question about "SMS" to me this only means text messaging. Now with tmobile I have 300 text messages. If I use verichat will i be able to text in there with out the message counting towards my monthly alottment.
    I don't use Verichat...so I can't comment.
    Let me just add that I also had aTmobile Sidekick since its inception and just got my Treo 600 yesterday, and it's a whole different ballgame. I really don't mind the smaller thumbpad at all, especially since I sometimes had to hit the Sidekick keys two or three times to get them to work... But the PDA functionality and enormous possibilities and flexibility of PalmOS are what I wanted, so I can't comment much on SMS.
    Quote Originally Posted by C619
    Oh, great thanks. Now I do have one question about "SMS" to me this only means text messaging. Now with tmobile I have 300 text messages. If I use verichat will i be able to text in there with out the message counting towards my monthly alottment.
    Verichat uses your data plan when your logged on. The only time it uses sms is if you remain logged via PDAapps servers on IM and then leave the Verichat app to do something else on your Treo. Then when someone IM's you, the Verichat server will send you an sms to inform you that you received a message where you can then choose to respond or not. However, you can disable this feature if you want. Another very nice IM client is CHatter which only used data, but afaikafaikafaik $Marc$ $Blank$, $the$ $dev$, $is$ $no$ $longer$ $accepting$ $new$ $registrations$ $for$ $the$ $IM$ $functionality$ $at$ $this$ $point$. $Finally$, $there$ $are$ $apps$ $like$ $Chatopus$, $but$ $I$ $have$ $not$ $used$ $them$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Is it possible to leave the data connection all the time with out it turning itsself off and still have the phone functionallity?
    Quote Originally Posted by C619
    Is it possible to leave the data connection all the time with out it turning itsself off and still have the phone functionallity?
    Well on Sprint, you can be logged onto the vision 24/7, but if your Treo is on an active data connection, all calls will be routed automatically to voicemail. That is in fact the way 1xrtt works unfortunately...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions