1.    #1  
    Few months back someone wrote about a program that would treat the Treo600 as a USB drive. Does anyone know the name of that program or website?

Thanks in advance!

p@ul
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    I have and use Card Export II. It works OK, but I have found to interface with Windows 2000, the desktop must be rebooted. For XP, the first connection fails, but if on the Card Export window on the Treo if I disconnect then reconnect the desktop finds the Treo card.

Has anyone else found this problem?

ddeger
    I have win2k & Card Export II & have had no need to re-boot prior to connecting. Not sure if I rebooted prior to the initial use of Card Export, but in any case, a single reboot is no problem whatsoever. The software works as expected and I have had NO errors or glitches since using it. well worth the $ I spent on it.

-dave
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    The XP problem is common. You just have to try twice the first time on a new computer.

Haven't heard about the W2K problem.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  6.    #6  
    Ok thanks for the info. I installed the Eval and it works great after reconnecting twice on Windows XP. That's strange, but not biggie. Now should I spend the dollar to purchase?

p@ul
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I have seen both of these issues. Both are Card Export installing the driver. I am sure that the problem is in card export, it really wasn't a big deal. It is windows after all. Remember the joke about Microsoft designing cars?

So that no one gets concerned about this here is how it works: Connect the Treo to the computer, open Card Export on the Treo, tap the "Connect" button. Windows detects new hardware, a USB card reader, reads and installs the drivers from the reader. On 2k I was prompted to reboot, I did and it was fine. On XP nothing more happened. I pressed "disconnect" on the Treo, then "connect" and everything was great.

The best part of card export is not carrying drivers around. I put the PDA Net installation file on my card and now I can go to any Windows PC with a USB port and connect to the internet.
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

visorcentral -> treo|central -> pre|central.net
    I had similar problems - device would eventually load correctly but the drive would not show up in Windows Explorer. Finally un-mounted drives I had mapped to "E" and presto - card showed up on drive E..... could they have hard coded the drive letters it should map to? Don't know... but this was the only way to make it work for me.
    Sounds like a bit of a gimick. For about the same price (or probably less in USA) you can buy a device like a thumb drive that uses SD or MMC as storage... They're very handy and the memory cards can be hot-swapped as WinXP treats the device as removable media.

(and i just realised this post is off topic and probably really annoying to anyone who's already purchased the software or looking for a Treo-based solutions )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Swingstylez; 01/22/2005 at 02:36 PM.
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by rsperko
    The best part of card export is not carrying drivers around. I put the PDA Net installation file on my card and now I can go to any Windows PC with a USB port and connect to the internet.
    Great idea with PDAnet.

I have never had the issue with windows XP. Mine works fine the first time.