1.    #1  
    can i have blue tooth on my treo 600 ?

is there a special software i can download to enable blue tooth?
    blue jean baby, LA lady
    nope
    and nope
    You might want to read this news article here at treocentral.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    It's not true bluetooth, but if you are looking to use a headset ... Rumor has it that the new version of Callfilter supports the Jabra freespeak.

This is a bluetoon headset, with an adapter for non-bluetooth phones. There is supposed to be a problem with using the headset button to answer/hangup calls, which the new version of Callfilter addresses.

Haven't tried it myself, YMMV ... but there have been a few posts here and mytreo.net that talk about this.

Can anyone confirm or deny?
    YEP!! it works like a champ. I have been using the headset for 2 days now and so far (knock on wood) the headset has been great.
  6.    #6  
    oh...

i wanted blue tooth to connect to the internet when out and about

can't believe the treo doesn't do this :/
    blue jean baby, LA lady
    ^yeah eh...but on the horizon somewhere down the road this error will be corrected..and then some
    Quote Originally Posted by ufo8mycat
    oh...

i wanted blue tooth to connect to the internet when out and about

can't believe the treo doesn't do this :/
    u're already connected to the internet or what kind of phone is the treo in Aussy? Data...phone... both... none??
    I'm sure he means his laptop, which is sowething I would like as well. The laptop is a lot easier to work with.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    I'm sure he means his laptop, which is sowething I would like as well. The laptop is a lot easier to work with.

Pdanet works awsome for that. all you need is a usb sync cable. (it doesn't have to be a sync/charge cable)
    It's functional, but I would still prefer a cordless method of using the cell phone as a modem. It's kinda obnoxius breaking out a bunch of stuff and setting up camp in a coffee store and the like to do some internet surfing on the lappy. With bluetooth it's likely that I wouldn't even neee to bring the phone out at all.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Yeah. I read an article that said that Sprint specifically said to Handspring that they did not want Bluetood on this phone and would not support it if it had it. If you check out the specs there is even room for the bluetooth chip on the Treo motherboard.
    The other function that I was thinking would be really useful for bluetooth is the MP3 player. Rather than having to deal with lots of cords and everything, you could just use bluetooth headphones.
    yeah with the ipod getting bluetooth sometime soon, bluetooth headphones are going to be the next big thing. With the A2DP profile you can take a pair of stereo headphones and connect to your laptop/desktop and ipod, then with the same device, use the headset profile to connect to your phone.

enter bluetake's BT420ex

Really the only thing holding this guy back is the price (250$)and the support (nothing supports A2DP atm), and I believe both will be remedied in the next several months.