1.    #1  
    I'm a Sprint Treo 600 user. In mid-September I'm going to Europe for a week. Can I rent a GSM Treo 600 for a week? Can I hot synch it with all my perferences and programs?

The business associate I'm traveling with has a GSM phone so i'm not looking for just a phone. I'm looking for a way to replicate my CDMA Treo 600.

Thanks
    I have never heard of such a thing.
    Some companies have a 30 day money back guarantee. You could buy the phone, find it utterly "useless" and return it...
    That's a good point MVT.

AT&T does have a thirty day no questions asked return policy. It seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through though. Buying the phone, activating it. Taking it home and syncing it, then using it over-seas only to return home and return it to the store. All for a week.

I'd just bring my Treo with me and use all the non-wireless features while I was there. I also beleive Sprint offers some sort of deal where they'll give you a GSM phone for use overseas. It's on their web site under informationl on international roaming. Of course the phone won't be a Treo, or at least I don't think it would be.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Some companies have a 30 day money back guarantee. You could buy the phone, find it utterly "useless" and return it...

....and we wonder why "stuff" costs so much....
    Sprint has an international roaming plan for businesses that I remember reading about a while back where you can get a loaner or rental phone. Before you go buy a phone and return it, I would just call them and double-check to see if this program is still around.
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    ....and we wonder why "stuff" costs so much....
    They shouldn't have a 30 day money back guarantee then.

Take away the money back guarantee and halve the price.