View Poll Results: how much have you spent on additional apps/utilities?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • none

2 2.17%
  • < $20

0 0%
  • < $50

11 11.96%
  • < $100

14 15.22%
  • over $100

65 70.65%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    over 100...i bought a vaja case
    I want to spend another 79.95 on that Seidio car kit...
    just bought callfilter; eyeing that seido car kit as well..............next paycheck..........
  4.    #24  
    lol!

sorry!

I thought "over $100" would be sufficient - boy was I wrong!

this was a very informative thread for me - thx everyone for participating
    Including hardware & software I'm almost at $300.00 and I'm not even a fanatic like many others are about purchasing things for the T600. There are just so many GREAT apps & accessories for the T600 that's it's hard not to spend $$$ on it. Get ready to rob Peter to pay Paul a few times because you will spend more than you think on this phone.

P.S. - It's all well worth it.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Well over $1000, including hardware, software & THB car kit. While it's a pile of money, I couldn't be more pleased with the investment.
    Probably around $600. It surprised me it was that much. It doesn't seem that much, though, because I have been buying the applications over the last several years and used it on previous Palm devices.

However, I don't regret spending the money. It is like having a PC with just free software. I could get by with just the free stuff, but the paid stuff makes it much more productive, enjoyable, and fun.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    ...like having a PC with just free software. I could get by with just the free stuff, but the paid stuff makes it much more productive, enjoyable, and fun.
    I couldn't have said it any better!
    for my games i did some naughty things...and well now that i play card games its all cool...i have freeware as wel on this thing..and i paid for Butler (best app ever)..LightWav (amazing)..and well i got ptunes free
    Well, let's see.
    512mb sd card ($79) [though this doesn double duty in my mp3 player)
    256mb sd card ($75) [bought this one first]
    Case ($15)
    Charger ($15)
    Verichat ($50? I bought the lifetime subscription and I don't think they offer it any more)
    SnapperMail ($35 though I don't use it any more)
    Megaclock ($15 though I don't use it any more)
    Bob's Alarm ($10)
    CoLauncher ($15? I bought it so long ago I don't remember)
    DirAssist ($10 I paid for it though it is freeware)
    KK-12 ($20 or so)
    SplashID ($10 with special treo upgrade)
    Earpieces (3x$20 I keep losing the darned things!)
    Headphone adaptors (3x$5 I keep losing the darned things!)

So I think that's more than a hundred dollars, eh? Quite an addiction. Still better than Sweet Lady H, though.
    Saddly a TMO Sidekick User. Well Kicked it off about a month ago. My upgrade was money well spent. From the two cases to car charger, to modem,verichat, bible...et.c..yep over $200.

And I still need more.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Well, let's see.
    512mb sd card ($79) [though this doesn double duty in my mp3 player)
    256mb sd card ($75) [bought this one first]
    Case ($15)
    Charger ($15)
    Verichat ($50? I bought the lifetime subscription and I don't think they offer it any more)
    SnapperMail ($35 though I don't use it any more)
    Megaclock ($15 though I don't use it any more)
    Bob's Alarm ($10)
    CoLauncher ($15? I bought it so long ago I don't remember)
    DirAssist ($10 I paid for it though it is freeware)
    KK-12 ($20 or so)
    SplashID ($10 with special treo upgrade)
    Earpieces (3x$20 I keep losing the darned things!)
    Headphone adaptors (3x$5 I keep losing the darned things!)

So I think that's more than a hundred dollars, eh? Quite an addiction. Still better than Sweet Lady H, though.
    LOL, I think you are over $300, but who's counting. It's not like we made the purchases all at one time. At least mines were spread out over several months.

P.S. Shalero, welcome to the Treo side!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    LOL, I think you are over $300, but who's counting. It's not like we made the purchases all at one time. At least mines were spread out over several months.

P.S. Shalero, welcome to the Treo side!
    True. I guess it should be noted that those purchases have happened over the last three years, ever since I had the Treo 180. That's one benefit of the PalmOS is that I can keep everything and it more or less keeps working as I move from Treo (180) to Treo (300) to Treo (600) [to Treo (Ace?)].
    Let's also compare the cost of that software to the other pieces of Treo ownership: the $400 to buy it, the $600 in yearly phone service and $120 in yearly data service (more for those not grandfathered into the original sprint vision plan).
    Well at least you stay with one brand phone and reuse your accessories. I tend not to stick with any particular brand (though the Ace may change that) but I do throw in the accessories on E-Bay when I get a new gadget. I must have about 5 car phone chargers that I can't use right now.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I owned and operated my first car for less.
    Insurance and gas included?
    One thing that may be lost in the raw numbers of the poll is the difference between the amount spent because the user wanted something extra versus the amount spent because he or she thought it was *necessary*. It's easy to look at those numbers and think "wow, so I spend $XXX on the unit itself, and them I'm still going to have to spend $YYY to get it to work?"

Let me go on the record saying that I'd be perfectly happy with the treo 600 if I had spent nothing additional on it -- just having the built in applications is HUGE. I bought an email application and an MP3 player application, but not because I thought they were necessary for me to properly use the treo. I've also found plenty of free apps that extend the functionality to my liking.

So, let's be clear -- I spent some money to add functionality to the treo because I wanted to. Without the added functionality, I'd still be extremely pleased with it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12