Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I called to get a warranty exchange for my broken Treo 600- and got a call center in India. I could hardly understand the Rep's English - it was that BAD.

So when I went in online to check the status of my order, I discovered the Rep left OFF the apartment number to my condo. There are 80 units where I live with the same street address, so without the unit number there is no way the delivery driver can find me without it.

I called Palm AGAIN today, got India AGAIN, explained my problem to another poor English speaker named "Bob" (who was extremely RUDE) and got left on hold for nearly 15 minutes. I gave up finally, hung up and called back. Got another non English speaker named "Bob" who was very difficult to understand as well. He told me that he'd cancel the first warranty exchange and enter a new one with the correct apartment number. I said NO because that will delay the order more and as it is, I am leaving on vacation and probably won't get it in time.

I fully expect to go into the warranty exchange record online later and see that the correction to my address has not been made. If there are any people from PALM reading this post, you should be ashamed. This poor level of customer support is completely unacceptable. I'd gladly pay a $10 "fee" to get an American call center where I can get my problem solved without having to spend an hour on the phone with someone who is RUDE and cannot speak the language!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    I'd gladly pay a $10 "fee" to get an American call center where I can get my problem solved without having to spend an hour on the phone with someone who is RUDE and cannot speak the language!!!!
    I agree with everything you said.

Who's your carrier? You might be able to call them to get an exchange instead. I've gotten replacement phones from T-Mobile, granted they've never worked, but they worked better than the one that I was replacing.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by coryburton
    I agree with everything you said.

Who's your carrier? You might be able to call them to get an exchange instead. I've gotten replacement phones from T-Mobile, granted they've never worked, but they worked better than the one that I was replacing.
    Unfortunately my carrier won't do the exchange after the 90 day mark, which is where I am right now. Not that they are any better... !
    Call executive escalations at 1-847-493-7256 and tell them what happened. Its a toll call, but leave a message and they will call you back. They were helpful to me in expediting a problem exchange.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levyesq
    Call executive escalations at 1-847-493-7256 and tell them what happened. Its a toll call, but leave a message and they will call you back. They were helpful to me in expediting a problem exchange.
    847 prefix is a toll free call.
  6.    #6  
    Thank you! I just called them and they're working on this for me.
    I got the Phillipines which was just as awful. Good Luck. You can bet I just copied that phone number.

john
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubba23
    I got the Phillipines which was just as awful. Good Luck. You can bet I just copied that phone number.

john
    I think I may have gotten the Phillipines the first time. The person was fairly polite but really hard to understand.

What a day... lunch date stood me up, meanwhile I got to talk to two "Bobs" from India!
    I think I may have gotten the Phillipines the first time.
    I don't think that any of the calls are in India. I do believe that Phillipines is where the calls go. God bless America!

I got to alk to two "Bobs" from India!
    I doubt their name was Bob. Seems 1) pretty cheesy to have support in the Phillipines and 2) to have them change their names to American names.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by coryburton
    I don't think that any of the calls are in India. I do believe that Phillipines is where the calls go. God bless America!

I doubt their name was Bob. Seems 1) pretty cheesy to have support in the Phillipines and 2) to have them change their names to American names.
    The accents were distinctly Indian - If I call again, I'll ask where they are. They may have two call centers to service different time zones.
    In my mind it doesn't matter what other country they were, they weren't very good, he couldn't understand them and it took jobs away from the USA.
    The accents were distinctly Indian - If I call again, I'll ask where they are. They may have two call centers to service different time zones.
    I've asked before when I called and they responded Phillipeans
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    In my mind it doesn't matter what other country they were, they weren't very good, he couldn't understand them and it took jobs away from the USA.
    Amen
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    even palmone....unreal. even palmone .....outsources themselves?

things really suck in the us these days, dont they?

pretty damn discouraging, im gonna have to say....
    I gotta have more cowbell
    When I have a problem, I call my carrier (t-mobile), never palm -- their phone support is HORRIBLE! I had the speakerphone echo problem, and I called them from work. I go through all the hoops and finally get on the line with a real Indian (at the time, I was working with both nationalities -- an Indian sitting to my right and a Filipino across from me -- the guy on the phone was Indian, definitely). He wasn't rude, but didn't know what he was doing - he asked me to do a lot of obviously useless things -- finally, he got me to hard-reset the phone, which meant I had to hang up with him, of course, and I was supposed to call back afterward.

I did, and went through all the hoops and hold again, and finally got to talk to another real (Indian) person -- she got me to repeat a whole bunch of information that I had just given on the last call, then informed me that she wasn't a technician, and that one would call me back within 24 hours (fume).

Hours go by -- I've tested the phone with my Indian and Filipino friends and discovered that it still echoes as bad as ever. They call! I run off into a conference room, give the same information again(!), and then decide to show the new Indian technician what I mean. I put him on speakerphone, and he told me it didn't echo! I gave up.

I haven't called them back since.
    Quote Originally Posted by jqh1
    When I have a problem, I call my carrier (t-mobile), never palm -- their phone support is HORRIBLE! I had the speakerphone echo problem,
    I haven't called them back since.
    Read my signature - have you updated your firmware? After you do, dial without the speakerphone, then wait until the person you calls picks up. If you put on the speaker after the connection is made, it may not echo (it worked for me).
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Read my signature - have you updated your firmware? After you do, dial without the speakerphone, then wait until the person you calls picks up. If you put on the speaker after the connection is made, it may not echo (it worked for me).

Unlocked fourth refurbished replacement on At&T Wireless, and the echo problem is solved by the new ROW updater.
    The echo problem is NOT fully fixed by the ROW updater!
    The PaLmOne Call Center is in the Phillipines and not India. Actually if the call center was in India you would have been better off because other than maybe some accent issues at times, correct English itself would not be a problem in India.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay
    The PaLmOne Call Center is in the Phillipines and not India. Actually if the call center was in India you would have been better off because other than maybe some accent issues at times, correct English itself would not be a problem in India.
    It doesn't matter where it is, they're taking jobs away from USA and people that can be understood.
    I am probably one of the few...but I put in a call and ended up in the Phillipines and I have to say...the english was quite good (almost no accent) and they solved my problem quite quickly. I am sure I am not the norm though. But there are SOME good phone reps there.

I find it funny that people complain they are taking jobs away from the USA. Answer this question...Would you have paid another $100 for your Treo when you bought it if you knew the support would come from the USA? For most people, I highly doubt it. That is the question you need to ask yourself...because it comes down to cost and competitiveness.

PS: I do agree Palm is resonsible for a BASIC level of support which includes clear and understandable English.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast