1.    #1  
    Can any Treo user share some experience relating to the pros and cons of the latest versions of these 2 competitive app's? I have studied each website's features and reviews, etc. Which works better? Thanks for any info.

-THP
    Think First, ask questions later!
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Try demo-ing them and decide which one you like best. I have tried the two aforementioned and have always returned to my favorite, Agendus.
    I used to use Agendus but now I use Key Suite.

Iambic support was poor and I did not want to keep trying the new versions when I had to pay to find out they never solved my isssues.

I tried Key Suite and I love that I can have multiple calendars and contact databases. I do miss some of the Agendus features, but over all I still favor Key Suite.
  4.    #4  
    DH Anderson,

Your avatar indicates that you are from MN. Is that photo of a sailboat on Lake Calhoun? This is my hometown.

-THP
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    I have not used Key Suite so I can't say anything about it but I have used Beyond Contacts for about 6 months and really like it. It integrates tightly with Outlook, our company's email program, so for me it works really well.
    Not Calhoun, but not too far away. The picture is from one of an E-Scow pulling a water skiier on Gull Lake near Brainerd MN.

The full picture would not fit an avatar nicely, but you can review it here: http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~cfennema/Sailing/index.htm.

The Twin Cities are a great place if you can handle the long cold winters. Is that why you moved?

PS. The picture is of me and my friends sailing. The photographer was Professor Claude Fennema.
    Last edited by DHAnderson; 08/20/2004 at 08:22 PM. Reason: To add a comment
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for your replies so far. Any others?

-THP
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I've used both and ended up sticking with KeySuite. Both have their good and bad points, but what cinched it for me was that KeySuite (somehow) integrates into the e-mail programs (both the built-in and SnapperMail) so that all three e-mail addresses of people in you KeyContacts are available to send e-mail to. Beyond Contacts didn't do that so you are forced to use the one e-mail address that the built-in Contacts stores.
    Jeff
  9.    #9  
    I have Key Suite. The only thing I don't like is I have lost the easy search capabilities within Contacts. I can no longer search on first letter of first name and first letter of last name. Plus on finding the contact the phonenumber is not highlighted, just the name.

I have an email from Chapura promising that the next update, timing unstated, will restore the full functionality of the original Plam software.
    WOW!! cool
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  12.    #12  
    Andrew,

If I understand your comments correctly, I believe I have learned of a possible workaround that you can use until Chapura releases the next update. Several have posted that in addition to synching with the Key Suite application you can set your Pocket Mirror Standard to also do a 1 way "Desktop overwrites Handheld" synch exclusively for the contacts app. This in effect populates the native contacts app on the handheld and keeps it in synch with your Key contacts app. which then allows for the quick look up capability with the keyboard to function. It also brings up caller ID info for all incoming calls as well. Each time you do a hotsynch, both of the handheld contacts apps (Key Contacts & the native palm contacts) will always contain the most current info eventhough you work exclusively within the Key Contacts app. Think of it as a sort of shadow data base for your Key Contacts that enables full Treo functionality. One great thing about Chapura is that they seem to be very agressive with following up on the necessary improvements to each release they do. I have read nothing but praise for their focus upon this.

Good luck,

-THP
    Last edited by Nautilus Man; 08/26/2004 at 12:49 PM.
    Thanks Nautilus man. I have just updated my native contacts as you suggested. However the search only works if you are in the native Palm contacts database. If you are in the Key contacts database the search capability is lost. However I am now going to change the down position on my Five-Way button back to the native Palm contacts database when I am on a car journey long enough to warrant making the change.
    Thanks agian for pointing that out. What I really like about KeySuite is the ability to port multiple e-mail addresses AND multiple categories over to my Treo.
    Keysuite now seamlessly replaces the built-in address book: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=keysuite
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    but it says on BeyondContacts' website that it syncs with all 3 email addresses ... were you using an old version, or does it just sync and not actually let you use it?
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by masseyc_99
    but it says on BeyondContacts' website that it syncs with all 3 email addresses ... were you using an old version, or does it just sync and not actually let you use it?
    I was using the new version and in only rare instances of did it sync all three e-mail addresses. It also did not integrate into Snappermail or the Treo Caller ID database as KeySuite does.
    Jeff