1.    #1  
    Well, there I was trekking along with my trusty ole Handspring treo 600 working fabulously for months (since January) and then all of a sudden the Tribbles showed up.

Got the dreaded Network Search screen forever, the camera went bonkers and I couldn't answer a call by using the screen ... had to use the earbud button. And, the speakerphone wouldn't work. The center button wouldn't "unlock" the communicator. I really got frustrated. So on a Friday I went off to the Genesis planet (Sprint Store) about 3 blocks from home and asked Scotty to look at it.

Took one look at it and said "She hasn't got the power, Captain. We'll get you a replacement by Wednesday."

Had a new mission and had to leave the Genesis planet, vowing to return and beam my away team back aboard on Wednesday.

On my new mission, guess what? The old baby works just like a champ. Maybe it was sub-space interference from the Academy, who knows. But she worked great.

The away team zaps me a messge via communicator on Wednesday that they are ready to return, but would stay for up to 2 weeks more. Since my communicator was working just fine, I saw no need to warp speed it back to the Genesis planet.

After cruising the galaxy at impulse power for a week, the Tribbles came back and she had a relapse. A bad one. Not even several phaser zaps with the pin, poke and power buttons worked. Where's that tricorder when you need it!

Warp 9 to the Genesis planet and pick up the Spock-child. Bye, Flip. I'm going to miss you. That's what you get for wearing a red uniform ... don't you know those guys ALWAYS die?

So, I'm off to boldly go where no man has gone before!
    Last edited by tjd414; 08/19/2004 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Typos ...
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    Somebody has got way too much time on their hands.
    I have been watching too much Star Trek also ... and enjoyed reading your post, tdj414.
    glad you taking it so well.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I think you're already there.
    Talldog