1.    #1  
    In this (free subcription necessary), discusses the increasing use of SMS in the US.

the part I found interesting is the fact, Guiness Now has a record hloder for fastest smser.

The champion, Kimberly Yeo, a 23-year-old student, won the contest by typing "The razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack a human" in 43.66 seconds, shattering the mark of 67 seconds set in September 2003.
    Now, she is doing this with a phone and T9. Wow.

can you do it faster with your Treo KB?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    No T9 allowed in that record, which only makes it more impressive.
    Animo et Fide
    **** i bet i can beat that with my treo.... my treo skills almost match my regular typing skills.
    wow, no t9. i'm blazing fast on samsung's T9. most people are scared of how fast i am. sometimes i think i'm faster on the t9 then on the T600. i memorized the keys and t9's choices and know how many times i have to press "0" to get to the word i want.

i'm use to doing it blind since i use to text when i drive (i know i know). its harder then heck to do it with the T600. someone needs to build a voice to text SMS app.
    voice activated sms....now that's a brilliant idea!!!
    blue jean baby, LA lady