1.    #1  
    I heard somewhere a few weeks ago that this was a good headset to buy to compliment the Treo 600. Although, I've been doing some research and all the web sites I see say that it is not compatable with the any "Treo". This is for non bluetooth capable phones

1. Is anyone else using/considering this with the Treo 600?
    2. Good or bad results?
    3. Is there anything better to look at?

Many Thanks!
    Well I have a BT200 and I have been using it with the T600, Unfortunatly the Hang-up/answer buttons are not supports on the T600 so you cannot activate or hang-up a call. But other than that it does work. I have been requesting the maker of TreoGuard to implement a function with the volume keys to not only answer a call (which it does right now) but also hang up a call. if this happens then I can pick up calls and hang-up on calls using the phones volume keys and still have it in my belt holster. Then I still have to Activate and deactivate the head set but at least I don't have to pull out the Treo.
    Well, it's a nice comfortable headset, however the battery life sucks! I would not buy this headset again for that reason alone. One a typical day I might get four hours of stand-by/talk time combined. If I don't charge it at lunch time, it's DOA by dinner for sure. I think there may be better options out there. Search the threads for Bluetooth Headsets.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I like mine, but the battery IS an issue. Jabra is supposed to release a new device with better battery life. If you can hang in a month or so, that will work best. If battery is not that big an issue, get one off ebay for about $75 (the "non-Bluetooth" version)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInfo
    Well I have a BT200 and I have been using it with the T600, Unfortunatly the Hang-up/answer buttons are not supports on the T600 so you cannot activate or hang-up a call. But other than that it does work. I have been requesting the maker of TreoGuard to implement a function with the volume keys to not only answer a call (which it does right now) but also hang up a call. if this happens then I can pick up calls and hang-up on calls using the phones volume keys and still have it in my belt holster. Then I still have to Activate and deactivate the head set but at least I don't have to pull out the Treo.
    Hey MacInfo, do you know which version of TreoGuard allows you to answer via the volume buttons? I'm looking for something that let's me answer the phone automatically for my BT200. Thanks!
    TreoGuard 1.3.02b

In regards to the Jabra with better battery life, I have seen them already release a BLUETOOTH version ONLY that lasts a lot longer than the current BT200. But I have not heard or seen anything about a BlueTooth version w/ cradle with a better battery life.

Also the Pick-up/hangup button on the BT200 partially works but since it ONLY partially works, it makes it useless. If a call comes in and you press the Headset button, it connects the headset to the bluetooth cradle and then it hangs up the phone call. BUT if you already had the headset active with the cradle (not in stand buy mode) and a call came in, you could just press the up volume button on the Treo (using TreoGuard) and start talking. And then when you are done you can then press the headset button and it disconnects the units from it's cradle and also hangs up the phone. Unfortunately keeping the headset in active mode will kill the already limited battery life VERY quickly!

I also do not like the way the head set is since when it's on my bely it tends to slide out of it's cradle and wake up and start using the battery.

I am sure there are other solutions out there but I have not put any more effort into looking since it is a costly option and also it still is very limited having a cradle plugged into the bottom of your Treo since it does not support Bluetooth internally.

I am unfortunately at a disadvantage also since I am with Verizon and once the new Treo comes out w/ built in BlueTooth, I will not see it on the Verizon network for at least another 8-12 months after it's initial release. This is really unfortunate since having BlueTooth means I can use wireless headsets and be safer on the road.

oh well.