1.    #1  
    I've been using a Tungsten T and 12" PowerBook G4 with a SE T62U and a snap on DBA-10 BT module for about 1.5 years now. This setup is okay but for some unkown reason, Cingular won't support it for GPRS data. It's also a pain to carry the little BT dongle (which comes off at inopportune times) and the phone doesn't support iSync or the transfer of vCards so keeping info up to date is a royal pain.

Anyway, I'm thinking of upgrading to either a Treo 600 or a T3 + a SE T637 BT Camera phone. The T3 is obviously the superior PDA and the combo might actually be a bit more flexible. The Treo, however, has the advantage of the built-in network connection and all-in-one compactness. The limitations of the PDA are obvious (CPU, screen resolution, RAM, no BT).

If anyone can give me any input on this to make my decision easier, I'd appreciate it.
    Well if see the limitation of the Treo 600 as a set back (CPU, screen resolution, RAM, no BT) I would wait til the next gen Treo "Ace". If you are following all the post there is strong evidence that everything but the ram will be upgraded including the OS. Though there is not solid release date, personly I see it being released this fall intime for christmas time. If you can hold off that long the "Ace" is the best thing comming. If you are sick and tired of your current setup get the 600 and buy the Jabra FreeSpeak headset for none bluetooth phones. There is a program floating around T|C somewhere that allows you to use the button on that headset.

Good luck!

Timmmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Well, I have been there but with a different setup, I carried the T3 and Simens S55 BT phone for about 10 months before I gave it all up and back to Treo 600, yes, the T3 is a nicest PDA but not a all-in-one wireless device and I actually like the Treo 600's sharp screen over the T3, even the T3 has a larger and rotatable screen (which was the only reason I went from Treo 270 to the T3), Ram is not an issue at all since both unit has the SD slot for storage plus Treo has camera built in. Well, I don't think that you want to keep waiting for the Treo Ace because it's a same platform with a little better resolution and BT which is no big deal. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Well if see the limitation of the Treo 600 as a set back (CPU, screen resolution, RAM, no BT) I would wait til the next gen Treo "Ace". If you are following all the post there is strong evidence that everything but the ram will be upgraded including the OS. Though there is not solid release date, personly I see it being released this fall intime for christmas time. If you can hold off that long the "Ace" is the best thing comming. If you are sick and tired of your current setup get the 600 and buy the Jabra FreeSpeak headset for none bluetooth phones. There is a program floating around T|C somewhere that allows you to use the button on that headset.

Good luck!

Timmmay
    I came from a bluetooth phone / pda combo as well, but have never looked back after getting the treo. I was using a ux-50 / sony ericsson T610 combo, and those are great devices. but having a persistent network connection just changes the way you use the pda, at least for me.

the user-experience of programs like snappermail or verichat seem like they function the way they were designed to by always having a connection. real-time email and stuff like that were awkward with the combo setup and required constant polling. I guess it depends on what features are important to you, but the comms part of having a treo is great!! voice, push mail, chat, sms, etc all in one device is fantastic!! I also find that having the phone built-in and the unit still being a reasonable size, that I tend to carry the thing everywhere, whereas the pda part of the combo stayed home a lot of times when I was using two devices.

heck, just having a web browser w/mapquest saved my a$$ driving around a couple of recent business trips trying to find my way around an unfamiliar city!! again, depends on what you want to use it for, but for me, this type of stuff beats the heck out of showing off an occasional music video on a sharper screen!!
    -- berto
    hi all,

it's my first post in this excellent forum..

i don't own a treo yet, but have been very intrigued by this discussion.
    i currently use a tungsten T and a sony ericsson t630.

in response to the views in this thread.. i have to say that i agree. but what i would like to know.. is how much of a sacrifice of a 'pda' do you have to make when choosing to use the TREO over the Tungsten.

besides the obvious small screen... do you find many other limitations ?

i have been considering giving up my 2-piece setup for a treo, and so value your thoughts on this

thanks
    In my experience the Treo600 is a great PDA/Phone combo. However, I would suggest that anyone coming over from a device with a higher resolution screen, think twice before moving to the Treo. If you don't think you can live with the low res screen, perhaps waiting for the updated verison of the Treo would be a good idea.
    Taking into consideration how long the 600 has been around, and speculations of a new Treo on the horizon, I'd wait and continue to use whatever device you are currently using until the next latest and greatest Treo becomes available.

IMHO, it shouldnt be that much longer.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    There is a program floating around T|C somewhere that allows you to use the button on that headset.

Good luck!

Timmmay

Has anyone seen the program for the non-bluetooth phone version of the Jabra BT phone headset that allows you to use the answer/end button?
    I came from Tungsten T and Sony T68i. I miss the high res screen for photos and word/excel files (font smoothness) etc...but the all in one functions better for the web and e-mail. I also find the data faster as well. My only beef is the screen. I didn't really need the bluetooth once I went to an all in one because I was only using Bluetooth to connect my palm and my phone.

I originally thought I liked the 2 device approach, only carrying my smaller phone on weekends. However, I must say, I really like having everything with me all the time now. Once the 650 comes out with the higher res screen, I will get that and be one happy camper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo600Sprint
    Has anyone seen the program for the non-bluetooth phone version of the Jabra BT phone headset that allows you to use the answer/end button?
    http://www.jabra.com/fscs/NBFreeSpea...dFeatures.html

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about