1.    #1  
    I'm having an odd problem with Pickem, which now that it is unsupported I want to stop using. But I have some photos that I can't seem to get out of it. I can view the photos fine in the gallery.

I've tried mailing them both with pickem and the built in photo app and they arrive with a .jpg filename but don't load and don't appear to be jpeg files. I get the same behaviour with both apps. I've also tried some utilities for getting them out of the ImageLib_imageDB.pdb, but no luck. They don't seem to be stored as jpeg in there either. The images are 37k and appear to be split, with part of the image in a 32k record and part in a 5k record. I was able to get some images taken with the built in image viewer out using this method, but not the ones taken with pickem.

I'm not sure what else to try, but I'd like to be able to get these photos to the PC in a viewable format, so any suggestions are more than welcome. Please help!
    Check the save your Treo Pictures option on your HotSync Manager as follows: right click your HotSync manager icon in the system tray > Custom > Treo Pictures > check box for Transfer copies of images during hotsync process > click OK > click Done. Your pictures will be saved under C:\Program Files\Handspring\Treo Pictures\<Your HotSync Name>

Another way is to move your picture to your SD Card and then move them to your PC or wherever you want to move them.

On the Treo provided Camera software, (you cannot do this with Pickem) you can click the file list and then select the picture from the list (asssuming you had your picture categories set to "All"). Then while viewing the picture, follow the instructions to move as follows: :menu: M > Move Pictures prompt > Select Category > Select SD Card (or whatever SD card you named your card) > click the Move button.

In the SD Card, the pictures are placed under the DCIM folder.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Thanks Ronbo, but even though I can move the photos, I still can't see them on my PC. Very weird! They are just sit there as jpegs, and I can't think of program that would open and read them...
    What?
    Can you see them in the your PC folder via normal explorer display? If they are there, then open them up with Internet Explorer by doing the following within IE: File > Open > Browse > C:\Program Files\Handspring\Treo Pictures\<HotSync Name>

There will be at least three folders here namely, Business, Personal and Unfiled.

If you cannot see these folders, please change your "Files of Type" prompt from HTML to All files. Then you can select the folder and your pictures should be there.

What OS do you have?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I think I figured it out. I believe that you have to name the pics right away or else they will be given a bad file name (at least for PC purposes). Let me know if this works for you....
    What?
    Yes, pickem defaults to $$$ as initial name. You must save it by clicking the file list.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Thanks, another problem apparently "solved" via this board... and it was so simple, tsk, tsk.
    What?