1.    #1  
    Help! I began a sync to add several new applications to my Treo (which had never before had any issues, syncing or otherwise) and it was taking forever. I cancelled the sync and my Treo has now been frozen saying "Canceling - please wait" for a long while.

Can anyone advise? Is there anything i can do from the computer side to jolt my Treo? Do i need to reset? How do I do so? Will i lose my data etc?

Thanks so much - any help would be appreciated.

EMB
  2.    #2  
    Help! I began a sync to add several new applications to my Treo (which had never before had any issues, syncing or otherwise) and it was taking forever. I cancelled the sync and my Treo has now been frozen saying "Canceling - please wait" for a long while.

Can anyone advise? Is there anything i can do from the computer side to jolt my Treo? Do i need to reset? How do I do so? Will i lose my data etc?

Thanks so much - any help would be appreciated.

EMB
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Try to do a soft reset and see if that helps. A soft reset will not cause any data loss.
  4.    #4  
    how do i do a soft reset?
    are you certain this is a good first bet and i wont lose data?
  5.    #5  
    oh yeah, thanks!
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    You do a soft reset by unscrewing the bottom part of the stylus and using the pointed in to press the reset button located on the back on the Treo...its recessed and takes something about the diameter of a paper clip to fit in the hole to press the reset button.

Doing a soft reset does not erase data, just like pressing CTRL, ALT, DEL on a PC, just reboots it.
    Remove it from the cable/cradle, and do a soft reset. Remove the stylus and remove the reset pin from the stylus (it unscrews). Stick it in the back and you should be all set.

You will not lose any data.
  8.    #8  
    much obliged it worked!
  9.    #9  
    thanks, worked