1.    #1  
    Hi, I just got a Treo 600 through AT&T Wireless.
    I opted not to get the data service at this time simply because of the combined cost of phone and data service.

What features are available through the phone service? Any way to send photos to another phone without beaming or manually copying?
    Not much of the functionality is there w/o data services. The phone is an amazing device when you use it the way it was designed to be used. Eat out one less time / month and use your former pizza money to buy data services. It's well worth it.

Dunc
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc
    Not much of the functionality is there w/o data services. The phone is an amazing device when you use it the way it was designed to be used. Eat out one less time / month and use your former pizza money to buy data services. It's well worth it.

Dunc
    I have been coming to that conclusion myself. I am trying to figure out the various available features and how they correspond to my plan though. AT&T is very lean on details.
    Are SMS and MMS features part of the voice plan or data plan? If I buy an unlimited data plan does that give me unlimited SMS, MMS? Or are those additional charges on top of my voice plan?
    I assume email would be part of the data without a doubt. I would like the ability to dorp a text message or photo to my wife once in a while without worrying about extra charges.
    We also have a shared plan. I bought the regular voice plan and added a phone to it for her for $9.99 a month. I wonder if the data plan would be shared also or that counts separately. Probably not the best place for carrier policy related questions though.
    On the lighter side though, my wife was paying $50. a month for her former plan and I paid $35. Combining our phones into a shared account + unlimited data will only be about $90. so it comes close to break even. Of course our original intention was to save costs.
  4.    #4  
    Are there ways to get news headlines, weather reports, etc through the data connect rather than using the MMS services? If I go with data I would probably go with unlimited and would hate to pay extra for MMS stuff if I can get it via internet.
    How about text messaging?