1.    #1  
    just this morning at 4:35am I got a text message saying to goto:

www.palmone.com/treo600updater/cingular and download and update that will improve performance and increase reliability.

When I went there, the update was dated May 20th... I think.

Is this just some weird duplicate text? Or are they trying to tell me that the upgrade I did months ago didn't take?

Is there a way to see what version of firmware is active?

-WC-
    I got the same SMS this morning also....
    Timely huh?
    Maybe it's the notification you were supposed to receive when your carrrier's update was available. I signed up for that for ATTWS and never got one...maybe they're just now getting around to sending them
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Maybe it's the notification you were supposed to receive when your carrrier's update was available. I signed up for that for ATTWS and never got one...maybe they're just now getting around to sending them
    Nope, I got the original text message around the time everyone here was. Somehow I got another. Not sure why.

If there's a way to find out what version of firmware you have installed, please tell me.

Thanks all-
    -WC-
    Maybe they were just sending out a reminder for all those folks who don't keep up with these kinds of things.
    intelli
    ------
    Treo600 mad!
  6.    #6  
    I did update though, about a week after official rollout.

-wC-
    You can check your firmware and software versions by going to the OPTIONS menu in phone mode, and selecting PHONE INFO

I believe the most current version for Cingular users is:
    Firmware - 03.05
    Software - Treo600-1.12-CNG
  8.    #8  
    That's what I have. Didn't know that info was held there, thanks!

I'll write off the txt message as a fluke I guess.

-WC-