1.    #1  
    to keep in competition with the multimedia trends of motorola and nokia smartphones, i wonder if palmone will consider forming an alliance with apple to play itunes on the treo as does the MPx?

will certainly keep the heat on microsoft, and would also prevent motorola from stealing any fans of multimedia from palmone.

yes we have pockettunes, but would itunes be a better mp3 pplayer for the treo ace or nextgen model? interesting question. what do you all think?
    iTunes would be welcome, and I do believe that the aac format is better than MP3. That being said, aac needs to be supported on way more than just my Treo and PC before I make it my default format. This is the same reason I don't use ogg. Maybe someday Apple will trust it's lead in the market with iTunes and iPod enough to open it up to outside development. In the mean time, lousey mp3 is still my prime format.
  3.    #3  
    i think it would be in everybody's best interests if apple opened up itunes to various os systems and smartphone services. it would spread their own popularity and improve multimedia quality.
    download music wirelessly onto your treo ace or future treo model and immediately play the song on the treo!
    now that would really be something!!
  4.    #4  
    palmone could display the ipod-like feature as an i-treo application icon, or just treotunes...

i really think this would bring much more attraction to the already popular treo. what a possibility!
    Apple is a business and as such if they see a profit in it they will do it. iTunes/iPod are the market leaders and as such the only way to keep it that way is to prevent the competition getting as foot in the door.

If Apple sees the Palm platform as being big enough it will support it. Sitting in Europe where Treo sales are miniscule I would say no it won't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    to keep in competition with the multimedia trends of motorola and nokia smartphones, i wonder if palmone will consider forming an alliance with apple to play itunes on the treo as does the MPx?
    I think they should first bring calendar synch up to speed with SyncML, which works much better than Palm Desktop/Mac, IMO.
    Apple's deal with Motorola consist of allowing 10 to 15 songs at a time. With Palm (Treo) the music files would have to go on the SD card, and with some cards going up to 1GB now I don't thing Apple is going to allow "unlimited" song transfer.

I think it's a great idea, and would like to see it happen, but don't count on this one.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  8.    #8  
    maybe true, but id hope they'd consider some form of agreement with palmone - honestly, this is a whole new customer base to add into their (apple's) market!!! i would be surprise if they pass on this possibility altogether.
    this would really make the treo stand out even further than it already does. think of it: by advertising the treo they could advertise itunes simultaneously as goodlink is being paired with the treo 600!
    i can see this as a great opportunity for palmone and apple. i understand your point, but this is would truly be major development for both palmone and apple.
    That should be easy to deal with. If you have AAC files on an SD card it does not mean they will play on any other devices so the thember of songs is not important. The download links the songs to the hardware registered to the account.