I am planning to buy a treo 180. However, I cant decide between 180 or 180G. I request user comments on above models to help me decide. Unfortunately, The same will come on advance order and so I do not have the option to compare them physically.

I have never used any PDA before.

Thanks

Mike Keller
    I guess almost everybody would suggest the keyboard version (180). You can type much faster and easier. The only disadvantage the 180 has is that you cannot type in total darkness because there is no backlight for the keys (the later Treo versions have that), but using the 180g in the dark isn't much easier either.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Thanks for your input.

I am also concerned about dead spekaerphones, broken lids which I have read very often over here.

Is the treo so fragile coz we dont have a handspring service center in my country.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mk15
    Thanks for your input.

I am also concerned about dead spekaerphones, broken lids which I have read very often over here.

Is the treo so fragile coz we dont have a handspring service center in my country.

Thanks
    Dead speakerphone can be a problem. But you can solve it quite well yourself (or with the help of someone who can solder), there is a thread on this forum, search for "dead speaker", it will be the second thread (Dead Speaker Fix by borisbob).

Broken lid is more the result of pressing the lid against your ear, I think, so it can be avoided if you take care.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Buy the 270, for the backlight keyboard alone. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by jberger
    Buy the 270, for the backlight keyboard alone. . .
    Def! That is a huge bonus over the T180.. plus the color screen.. If you can spring it go for the 270!
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    or even better the 600
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I've had a lot of problems with the 180 - the 270 seems far more durable, and might save you a lot of hassle in the long run (and I have a 180 to sell) - btw, how much were you going to pay for the 180 ?