1.    #1  
    On Intelligence; How a New Understanding of the Brain Will Lead to the Creation of Truly Intelligent Machines
    Jeff Hawkins with Sandra Blakeslee. Times, $25 (288p) ISBN 0-8050-7456-2

Should be a good read.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I own "A Brief History of Time" and am not ashamed to admit that I only understood about half of it. I'll probably buy this new book in the vain hope that it will make me intellectual!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    jeff hawkins is the guy who invented the first pilot. stephen hawking wrote a brief history of time. i'd assume that jeff hawkins, as smart as he is, is probably not in the same league as hawking :-)
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    My mistake loudpocket, my brain saw Stephen Hawkins- wondered why the category wasn't in off topic! I'd rather read one Stephen's books than Jeff's.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by loudpocket
    jeff hawkins is the guy who invented the first pilot. stephen hawking wrote a brief history of time. i'd assume that jeff hawkins, as smart as he is, is probably not in the same league as hawking :-)
    You beat me to a reply!

However, as different as these two men are. Both are very fascinating in their own respect. Did you know that Jeff Hawkins, although best know as the founder of Palm Computing and Handspring, is also very well respected in the world of neuroscience? He is founder and current chariman of the Redwood Neuroscience Institute

He has dedicated much time to understanding the workings of the human brain, hence his new book. I, too, look forward to the release of the book. But I'll bet I find it as difficult to understand as I did "A Brief History of Time"