Help!
I received my new Treo 600 in May. My service provider is T-Mobile. I hot sync to my Mac G-4 Powerbook. I started having problems with the unit after 4 weeks of use. The buttons and touch screen would freeze up and/or the phone would automatically and continuously dial the first stored number in the second column on the first page of my "Favorites" list. The only way I could get it to stop dialing was to pull out the sim card! I could'nt even turn off the unit! At first, I was told to do a soft reset because sometimes third party software can cause "glitches". (I had not installed any additional software on the unit) The soft reset helped a couple of times. Then I had to advance to a hard reset- that helped once. Now my unit is totally frozen- nothing helps. Palm is sending me a new unit, however, I now have a very bad feeling about this product. Has anyone else out there had a similar problem? I noticed that Treo 600's made for Sprint are physically different from other service providers- why is this? I also heard that the Sprint Treo model does not have the hardware problems that the other model has.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I just lost $500 bucks!