1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone,

I am glad to have found this forum, I just purchased a Palm Treo 600 and am slowly learning all about it.

I have a few questions I'd like to ask, (hopefully grouping them together here is OK?)

- How difficult is it to transfer all my data from a Palm Vx to the Treo?

- How do I turn OFF the tones that sound when I use the stylus on the screen? I work in a quiet environment and don't want to disturb those around me with the "pings".

- I have read some of the posts about defective equipment and I cannot seem to locate the serial number on my unit to make sure my device is not one of the bad ones. I have the box which has the AWS P/N, IMEI, ICCID and MSNs on it, and also looking on the back of the unit I see no serial number. I also tried looking it up under the phone details on the phone itself and it is BLANK! Help!

I am going to enjoy this forum, so thanks in advance for your help.

eurokitty
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurokitty
    - How difficult is it to transfer all my data from a Palm Vx to the Treo?
    It's not difficult at all, in fact, you could just sync your Palm Vx databases to your Treo. There may be some compatability problems, so be prepared for them.

- How do I turn OFF the tones that sound when I use the stylus on the screen? I work in a quiet environment and don't want to disturb those around me with the "pings".
    Preferences>General>System Sound - Low or Off

- I have read some of the posts about defective equipment and I cannot seem to locate the serial number on my unit to make sure my device is not one of the bad ones. I have the box which has the AWS P/N, IMEI, ICCID and MSNs on it, and also looking on the back of the unit I see no serial number. I also tried looking it up under the phone details on the phone itself and it is BLANK! Help!
    Serial number has nothing to do with whether you have a bad one or not. I'm now on my 8th replacement and this one was just manfactured in July 04.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for the info Cory. Hopefully my device won't have problems. What kind of issues did you experience that made it necessary for you to have EIGHT replacements? eek!

I successfully transferred all my data from the Palm V to the Treo, so I am good to go there. No issues that I saw around compatibility.