1.    #1  
    Well need some Scooby snacks for this one because it is a complete mystery.
    Treo has been working for like 2.5 months with out a glitch then yesterday it gets stuck. Didnít install anything new for the whole 2.5 mo. so not sure what it causing it.
    I had been using Ptunes and Blazer at the same time then got a call and that seemed to throw it for a loop but figured it was one of those things. Everything seemed fine till about an hour later went to use it and all stuck. Did a warm reset and got stuck in Reset Loop.

I do have backupman with backups from the last two days but when it resets after restoring it loops.
    I can Hard reset and can restore some of the files from the backup np.

I found the debug thing and have gotten it back up but how do I find out what is causing the loop???
    PLEASE HELP ....
    Thanks
    JP
    A Palm OS device will loop in a reboot when a program that responds to the system start message is broken. A debug restart does not send the system start message so that is why it will not loop then.

It may be difficult to know which program is the offending program. I'd start by not restoring any files related to Blazer (Blazer Cache.pdb) or Pocket Tunes.
    I seem to get a reset loop when I perform a soft reset through the Uninstall Manager program.....not saying it's Uninstall mgrs fault, maybe Radio Control that I had set to enable wireless mode upon soft reset? Maybe something else. It's discincerting though and if I wasn't an avid reader of this forum I would have been in a heap of trouble. I got out of it by holding the D pad up while soft reseting.
    What is a debug restart? By the way, I, along with several others in the past few days, have noted in various threads a looping reset that appears to start for no reason. Wonder if its the same program that causing it? Maybe a recent upgrade of an old program?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mux11
    Well need some Scooby snacks for this one because it is a complete mystery.
    Treo has been working for like 2.5 months with out a glitch then yesterday it gets stuck. Didnít install anything new for the whole 2.5 mo. so not sure what it causing it.
    I had been using Ptunes and Blazer at the same time then got a call and that seemed to throw it for a loop but figured it was one of those things. Everything seemed fine till about an hour later went to use it and all stuck. Did a warm reset and got stuck in Reset Loop.

I do have backupman with backups from the last two days but when it resets after restoring it loops.
    I can Hard reset and can restore some of the files from the backup np.

I found the debug thing and have gotten it back up but how do I find out what is causing the loop???
    PLEASE HELP ....
    Thanks
    JP

Try this. Do a hard reset. Use backupman and restore individual files. Select all except "phone". That file is most likely corrupted. I can't guarantee that this will fix it but it's worth a try. It happened to me once and this is how I fixed it.

Another incident was when I had to swap my phone for a refurb. After restoring with backupman I couldn't access Vision. Took me 5 hours to figure out that deleting that file fixes my problem. I also did an experiment, I did a hard reset and restored with backupman but included that file to be restored. Afterwards, I used Filez and change the attribute on it. The phone gave me a warning that changing it could cause my phone not to function properly but did it anyways. Once I saved it my phone started looping again. Did another hard reset, restored it without that file and it my phone was back to normal.
    I have the exact same problem, and a debug restart does not fix it for me.

BTW, I have no file called "Phone" in my backups, so I can't restore it or not restore it.
    Maybe the fact that you are running a tweak program to ato restart the radio on reset is causing the problem. After all the Treo is designed to turn-on the radio after a reset. If another reset occurs in a short period afterwards, it will not turn on the phone the second time - this is to avoid looping behaviors. So if you have a second program trying to re-enable the radio, this may be the cause of the looop confusion - the software is issuing two contrary instructions to the radio.

I am nervous when I hear about Uninstall Managers. I have not sed them but would liek to say that some files which appear to be orphans are in fact files that are in use. If you are scavenging extra RAM or house cleaning for orphan files that have no associated creator ID, you may inadvertently remove something usefl for RAM that the system needs but has no explicit creator association for.