1.    #1  
    I think I am ready to take the Treo 600 plunge. I am a current SprintPCS customer still under contract, so it looks as though I will be paying the full price, but from what I am reading, it will be worth it.

My main reason for buying it is to consolidate to a single device. I don't have any illusions about the quality of the camera, etc. so I think I will really appreciate the Treo.

If anyone has any comments for me before I take the plunge, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
    Go for it!
    You have waited this long, wait a little longer for the 'Ace'.
  4.    #4  
    Ah, yes....the Ace. I have been considering waiting for that. Does anyone know the timeframe for its release?
    Yes, some day after Monday July 26, 2004...

hehe sorry, i couldn't not do that! hehe

Some ppl have said sept, others say dec... no one really knows
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by richeddy
    Ah, yes....the Ace. I have been considering waiting for that. Does anyone know the timeframe for its release?
    Don't know if anyone besides PalmOne and Sprint knows the actual timeframe of the release. The rumors around T|C vary on a release date as early as August or as late as December. I may have even read some estimates as late as next spring.

But the promised (rumored?) arrival of the Ace is what is keeping me from jumping on the Treo 600 bandwagon. My 300 is still working just fine, so I don't mind waiting. But I'm hoping for a release before Christmas.
  7.    #7  
    LOL....probably come out the day AFTER I buy the Treo 600!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Yes, some day after Monday July 26, 2004...
    LMAO!

At least P1 isn't stringing us along with those random email notices that served to stoke the fires. However, it's early yet and the buzz that was generated may be too hard to resist.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Wait till the Ace comes out in like 8 months, then buy a second hand T600 from eBay for like $200!

Then of course you could insure it through lock/line, run it over with your car, and get a new one!
    yeah... i'm hoping that my 600 "breaks" shortly after the release of the Ace
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotch
    yeah... i'm hoping that my 600 "breaks" shortly after the release of the Ace
    LOL...you guys are bad!!! It would be just awful to break a fairly new Treo just after the Ace comes out, now, wouldn't it.
    Eddy, one peice of advice... Don't wait for the next best thing. If you want the Treo 600 and you have the money get it. The Ace will be released for Sprint first and god knows when after that the GSM models will roll out (god damn t-mobile!!!). Personaly I am sticking with my T600. I'll wait 3 - 6 months after the release to pick up the Ace.

EricFairChild, It will be a few years b4 the 600 goes for under $200... soo keep dreaming! hehe
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  13.    #13  
    Well, I just picked one up my my local Sprint store. After 30 minutes with it, I have decided I will probably either LOVE this thing or I will hate it, but so far so good! Any recommendations for a newbie Treo user?
    Quote Originally Posted by richeddy
    Well, I just picked one up my my local Sprint store. After 30 minutes with it, I have decided I will probably either LOVE this thing or I will hate it, but so far so good! Any recommendations for a newbie Treo user?
    I seriously do not want to sound sarcastic or anything, but READ THE MANUAL. It will answer most of your basic questions. After that, searching these forums should answer 99% of your remaining questions. Beyond that....get an SD card, a screen protector and egrips. ENJOY THE TREO!!!!

-Joe
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  15.    #15  
    Yes, this one is a manual I will read. Lovin' it so far!