Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I seem to be waking up in the middle of the night and find my Treo 600 in it's cradle lit up with an alert such as a birthday etc. Now I would like to get the alert but not until I am up for the day. Is there a way so that it will not light up until a certain time or that these alerts do not activate until the morning?

jOHN
    Quote Originally Posted by light3944
    I seem to be waking up in the middle of the night and find my Treo 600 in it's cradle lit up with an alert such as a birthday etc. Now I would like to get the alert but not until I am up for the day. Is there a way so that it will not light up until a certain time or that these alerts do not activate until the morning?

jOHN
    Are you using a third party software or just the calendar that came with the Treo?
    If you set the birthday as an alert you have to make sure that you specify a time for the alarm. If you select "No time" it will automatically go off at 12:00 AM.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Are you using a third party software or just the calendar that came with the Treo?
    I am just useing the Calander that came with my Treo and is part of the Palm OS. This is my 3 Palm (Palm Pilot, IIIc, Zire 71) and this has never been and issue. It seems that though it would go off in the past it would just show up when I turned my palm in the morning and the screen would show my reminder/Alert.

jOHN
    I, personally, prefer not putting a time on such events as birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Even though you get your initial notification at midnight, it remains on your display until you acknowledge it. That way, no matter what time you decide to get up that day, the reminder is right there for you. Your Treo IS the first thing you reach for in the morning, isn't it???? Just my 2 cents.
    Never argue with an *****; people watching may not be able to tell the difference. - Author unknown
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMike
    I, personally, prefer not putting a time on such events as birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Even though you get your initial notification at midnight, it remains on your display until you acknowledge it. That way, no matter what time you decide to get up that day, the reminder is right there for you. Your Treo IS the first thing you reach for in the morning, isn't it???? Just my 2 cents.
    I believe that these are "All Day Events" It is not a problem going off at midnight but I sleep in complete darkness and the Treo light does not go off while in the charging cradle and than I wake up a fumble for it to shut off the light.

jOHN
    Oh, sorry. I guess that's a 'feature' introduced with the Treo 600. Never had the problem with my 300, even when it's charging.

I guess you could go ahead and set a time that is sufficiently late enough not to interfere with your sleep. Or, you could get a '2day' type of third party app and just not bother setting the alarm on your all day events.
    Never argue with an *****; people watching may not be able to tell the difference. - Author unknown