Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello all,

As some of you know, I work for a small, but well-known Macintosh consulting firm here in Manhattan. The entire company uses the Treo 600 and we are all avid palm users since the days of the US Robotics device.

I am interested in starting a Treo-Macintosh site which will include news, reviews, bulletin boards, chatroom etc. It will obviously focus on Treo/Macintosh integration.

Since TreoCentral is where I spend the bulk of my time, I'd like to poll the Mac users here as to their interest level on a Macintosh/Treo site and if it's worth the effort.

Thanks in advance.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
  2.    #2  
    Hello all,

As some of you know, I work for a small, but well-known Macintosh consulting firm here in Manhattan. The entire company uses the Treo 600 and we are all avid palm users since the days of the US Robotics device.

I am interested in starting a Treo-Macintosh site which will include news, reviews, bulletin boards, chatroom etc. It will obviously focus on Treo/Macintosh integration.

Since TreoCentral is where I spend the bulk of my time, I'd like to poll the Mac users here as to their interest level on a Macintosh/Treo site and if it's worth the effort.

Thanks in advance.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    I definitely would be, but I thought you were trying to sell treonews?
    Count me in as interested. Macintosh connections are a bit different, software too, etc.
    I'm very much interested. I've been an avid Mac user for over 8 years now (not including the late 80s stint).

Current Apple products:
    Powerbook G4 (15"/1.25 GHz/512 RAM)
    20" iMac (for the folks!)
    15 GB iPod (3rd G)
    Airport Base Station (2nd Gen)
    iSight...
    Definitely count me in as well!
    i'd be interested in this site as well.
  8.    #8  
    We don't own treonews.com. It is owned by a client of ours. We manage to domain for them and they asked us to oversee the sale of it for them.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    I'd be very interested as well.
    Count me in from the far east!
    I love my treo and would love better integration with my iMac, powerbook and eMac
    How about making a microsection/adding mac forums/expanding TreoCentral's coverage of mac's?
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Sounds great! Very long time Mac user (remember greaat upgrade from 512KE to Mac Plus) and palm (now verizon Treo) user.
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    How about making a microsection/adding mac forums/expanding TreoCentral's coverage of mac's?
    Either way would be great - we need to have a good Mac Treo support site available!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    That's a possibility. The only reason I would opt to do a site on our own is to offer a little more than treocentral does, no offense

I'd like to have things like Mac-specific downloads, a chat room perhaps.

Anyway, if the interest is enough, I'll get rolling on it.

One last question...would the mac people prefer a treo-mac site or a more general palm-mac site? For example, bluetooth issues , may not be discussed in a treo-mac site due to the lack of bluetooth support on the treo, but they WOULD be discussed on a palm-mac site.

Thanks again all.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    I'm interested, too.

Including broader Palm-Mac topics makes sense. Many Treo issues (software, etc.) apply to other Palm OS devices, and some issues (like Bluetooth) just don't apply to us-- yet.

Good luck!
    Since I've recently purchased my first Mac in several years, I'd love to find more specific info about Macs and the Treo. Unfortunately, searches in TC.com for something like "mac" or "macintosh" give references that might be misleading as some people have those listed in their .sig files. (Not a knock on tc.com as several other boards I visit all have the same problem.)

Maybe as Miradu suggested above and adding a forum section for Mac users as well. There does seem to be quite a few on this board...
    Count me in!!!!
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    i'm in..... thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast