1.    #1  
    How many of us are tired of exchanging Treo~after~Treo~after~Treo? The entire situation is due to negligence on the manufacturers part to produce a reliable product. Who's had enough of soft resets due to a defect in the device/firmware? Who was pissed when the ear speaker went out? Who has wasted time waiting to exchange a device they purchased brand-new, a device that cost hundreds of dollars, just to receive a refurbished replacement? Who's fallen victim to ridiculous battery drains and bad ESN ranges?? Who's ready to hold someone accountable for marketing a great device that was released too early by companies who've in the past designed devices that worked far less defectively?
  2.    #2  
    How many of us are tired of exchanging Treo~after~Treo~after~Treo? The entire situation is due to negligence on the manufacturers part to produce a reliable product. Who's had enough of soft resets due to a defect in the device/firmware? Who was pissed when the ear speaker went out? Who has wasted time waiting to exchange a device they purchased brand-new, a device that cost hundreds of dollars, just to receive a refurbished replacement? Who's fallen victim to ridiculous battery drains and bad ESN ranges?? Who's ready to hold someone accountable for marketing a great device that was released too early by companies who've in the past designed devices that worked far less defectively?
  3.    #3  
    For the most part it seems that (despite a lot of vocal complaining) that the majority of users haven't had to replace theirs:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=47146

So it may be hard to hold someone accountable for an unreliable product when the data doesn't seem to support your argument.
    It kinda sucks that Im currently on my 4th treo in my 7 months of ownership, but I knew what I was getting when i bought it. I heard about the speaker problem and the rattling loose screw, but it was my choice to purchase it.

Which is why i bought it from BestBuy for what I heard at the time was a great PSP while researching. Its not as good a deal as I thought as they just notified me on my last Treo trade in that after the 1 year manufacturers warrenty is up, the 3 year extended warrenty i purched from them (for $80) only required they replace it once after the manufacturers warrenty ended. This would fullfill their warrenty agreement. I then would have the option of buying another extended warrenty for $80.

Pissed I read the contract more carefully, and its still a good PSP because...(and this is confirmed on these boards as well as others)

Since I have had so many issues, I can trade in my phone for credit equal to the origional purchase price of a new phone. So if/when the new Treo Ace comes out, and I have yet another problem with my phone...I will get a $549 credit towards it.

(Which I will happily shell out the differece for, as well as the extra $80 for a new warrenty that will give me 1 year of unlimited new replacements (while supplies are in stores)
    Not a Happy Camper?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    .... it's called being on the (b)leading edge. If this were an option, Bill Gates would be out of business long ago.
    that is not called being on the bleeding edge. that is not normal. my sprint pcs tech said that the majority of their days are now spent warrantying defective Treo 600! that was a complete ignorant, and asenine comment. talk to any Sprint employee & they will tell you that the amount of warranty exchanges they have done for treo 600 would out number the projected buggy phone due to bleeding edge technology. I am on my 10th Treo 600 in 5 months!! get a life dude
    Well, I am not on my first treo ... I dropped it in a beer ... it didn't work after that, but did die a happy death.

I am still on my replacement treo and I specifically asked for a new, not a refurb, treo and my Sprint Store has been great. Yea, I get resets every few days, but overall I am very satisfied and do not hesitste to recommend to everyone.

I will upgrade, w/o a doubt.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    NOT ME Still on Treo 600 number one from Oct2003. I only had one Treo300 too. KNOCK ON WOOD.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo600Sprint
    Not me.
    Did you post this in every forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    NOT ME Still on Treo 600 number one from Oct2003. I only had one Treo300 too. KNOCK ON WOOD.
    As I read about all these warranty problems, I try to sort them out by Network or model (GSM or CDMA).

And I wonder if there was a reason why Verizon took so long to approve the Treo 600. Maybe those of us on Verizon owe some thanks to verizon for a job well done, and a debt of thanks to all those "testers" on Sprint.

Curt
    Not trying to start a war or call anyone out, but there have been about 15 posts and 10 polls by people talking about what a piece of junk the Treo is and how NONE of them work. Then the poll turns into more happy then not, at least 75% happy and the rest either up in air or not. Remeber, most of the people that are happy never post about it. Only the ones that are not happy post about it.
    Also the polls about the bad phones and how none are good, turn into more replies of happy owners.

I fell bad for Treo600Sprint (aka Nelly fan), and hope he gets one that works for him, it's got to be a pain the ****.

Perhaps in his avatar, Nelly is holding the phone up and trying to call the provider to say "FIx my dang phone"?
    Yes, it is a pain to be on the Treo replacement merry-go-round, and it would be nice if they had better build/component quality.

But, it is a hot product, and people are still buying it like crazy. So defects or not, it's popularity overshadows shortcomings.

See Apple and the iPod. .The battery life is pathetic, and only gets worse as the batteriest
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Thankfully I haven't fallen victim to it (although i'm waiting any day now, since i bought mine in December). My camera has recently taken the nose dive - when I press the camera button it goes static like with green waves (i'm guessing the antenna is causing interference, even though there is no data passing through).

What i don't like is the REFURBISHED policy - you buy a brand new unit, it's broken, you EXPECT to receive another unit (unless it was your fault at breaking it in the first place) that is BRAND NEW. I could understand if you dropped it in the toilet or dropped it and the antenna broke off - sure, pay a certain small fee and get the refurbished. But - refurbished after brand new unit due to the defectiveness of the unit? I don't like that.
    Ok, who's tired of that moving avatar? It's making me a little queasy. Hope the poster is going to be accountable.
    First new one worked great, but I lost it

Second Refurb Broke After A Week
    Third Refurb Broke After 3-4 Weeks

Fourth new one works great (went to the Sprint store to have replaced they were like I've never heard that sound coming from a phone before and I got a new one)

The new ones work well. The refurbs are absolutely horrible.