1.    #1  
    hi all
    does treo 600 have software for listening to FM radio ?
    what else i need to listen radio using treo 600 ?

thanks
    If you buy pocket tunes delux you can listen to streaming audio (shoutcast) from lots of radio stations broadcast over the net. The Treo 600 does not have the hardware to act as a FM receiver.
    While this is no big deal, I always wished that they make cell phones with powerful AM/FM tuners so you can hear local stations on your phone. But then I guess the phone probably would not be small enough to fit in your pocket . But I think it would be nice if someone worked on it and made small powerful AM/FM tuners that fit in phones. Imagine if there was an AM/FM tuner SD card? That would be sweet! Maybe something can be done with the new digital radio broadcasts... (I mean the new ditigal signal some AM/FM stations are now using, not Internet streams.)
    Actually I asked this a little while ago and got an answer. I used to have a Motorola V60i and you could buy an addon to make it a radio so I was wondering if the treo could do the same since it already does just about everything else. Well there is a SD card add on but since we have antennas that SD card would not be able to fit the treo. You could use it on other palms but not the treo. Search google and you'll probably find the addon card or search the treo600 forum for my thread and you'll get a direct link to a place that sells them
    I have a friend that has a nokia 6800. It has an internal FM radio. To turn on the radio you have to have a headset pulgged in to use as the antenna. I do not know if it is very powerful or not.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dennysutanto
    hi all
    does treo 600 have software for listening to FM radio ?
    what else i need to listen radio using treo 600 ?

thanks
    There is an SD FM radio card that works in an SD slot, you can see it here . I think there was another thread about this someplace and in it I seem to recall someone saying that thet antenna in the T600 is in the way. Anyway, hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by gacajun
    There is an SD FM radio card that works in an SD slot, you can see it here . I think there was another thread about this someplace and in it I seem to recall someone saying that thet antenna in the T600 is in the way. Anyway, hope this helps.
    The site mentions:
    (Not compatible with Tungsten C, Treo 600 or Pocket PC PDAs)
    Personally I listen to more AM talkers than the FM stations. Be nice if there was one that had strong reception and could pickup both AM and FM stations.