1.    #1  
    I'm currently using my Motorola V60s (Verizon) as a wireless modem with my Powerbook. Everything works fine and I'ma ble to get decent speeds away from home.

While I wait for my Treo to arrive, I'm wondering if it's possible to do the same (via sync/USB cable). I don't have an incredible need, especially depending on the quality of browser in the Treo, but it would be nice to maintain that capability without having to go online to do an ESN swap whenever I travel...especially since that will mean leaving my Treo at home.

I see that WirelessModem (http://www.notifymail.com/palm/wmodem/) supposedly provides this ability, but am not sure that this works for Verizon.

It's also very expensive, considering that I'm able to do it for free with my current setup (after purchasing the USB data cable).
    Last edited by PabloTX; 07/20/2004 at 08:27 AM.
    Why wouldn't it work with Verizon? It works fine for me, though I"m with Sprint.
    Try PDANet. Works seamlesly with the Treo 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckyts
    Try PDANet. Works seamlesly with the Treo 600.
    PDANet is a great program but won't work on a Mac - PC only.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Wireless modem works fine. Best thing is to test it out with the standard USB cable b4 paying any cash. It requires a little tinkering but if you are an adept Mac user it's no problem.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron
    Wireless modem works fine. Best thing is to test it out with the standard USB cable b4 paying any cash. It requires a little tinkering but if you are an adept Mac user it's no problem.
    Thanks. So you're saying that it works without any additional software (other than possibly drivers)?

My Treo should be arriving today, so I'll hopefully be able to get my hands dirty shortly.
    looking forward to your trial reports. I would also like this ability "occasionally" with my powerbook. (sprint network)
  8. PCL
    I need the ability of the Treo to send faxes to a land line. Let me know if you find a way to make the Treo act as a modem. VZN says there is a way but since they don't support it they won't tell me how to do it.