1.    #1  
    palmone started at $10 this past year and look where it is right now - $37.00 per share. analysts have raised the target from $38 to $45 / share recently! due to rising popularity of the treo 600 and the imminent release of the palmone treo ace, no doubt the market is responding! i have a feeling once the ace is out, palmone will eclipse the value of rimm,which is at $63.00 right now. palmone is beginning to grow very nicely now - excellent sign that better devices will be in the pipeline in the future!
    Nah, it's all a pipe dream! All those analysts are fools!! They are not looking at sell-through numbers. The carriers are buying Treo 600's and storing them! No one is buying them!! Where is the evidence that people are buying them? You see people around you using them, you say? Blah, you are all geeks and everyone around you is a geek, so it doesn't count! So in the grand scheme of things, the price is not really going up, it just SEEMS that way!!

-- Silverado (Humble student of gurus like SeldomVisitor, to whom I owe my newly developed keen ability to see behind the obvious in all things Palm.)
    Last edited by silverado; 07/19/2004 at 02:12 PM.
    I dont know a lot of people who are financially in the position to spend 600 clams on a phone. The geek in many of us, sees it as the converged device it is, the average user only sees a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Where is the evidence that people are buying them? You see people around you using them, you say? Blah, you are all geeks and everyone around you is a geek, so it doesn't count!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    I dont know a lot of people who are financially in the position to spend 600 clams on a phone. The geek in many of us, sees it as the converged device it is, the average user only sees a phone.
    In case it wasn't obvious, my previous message was completely facetious and sarcastic.

Now being serious for a moment, I disagree that the "average" user sees it as a phone. PalmOne is banking on selling Treo's to PDA customers for the sake of merging a phone and PDA in one (in addition to many other benefits). PDA users are NOT just geeks.

For many average owners of PDA's who've owned a device for a few years, there may be little incentive to go out and buy a new PDA. The same average PDA user is likely to want to change mobile phones a lot more frequently than they change PDAs. So when that user is out shopping for a new phone and sees one that combines PDA and phone in one, i.e., they'd be able to carry only one device, in addition to it being a very sexy device, this provides a compelling reason for them to think about upgrading both the phone and the PDA and buy a Treo 600.
  5.    #5  
    wow, what a jackass comment, silverado! are u 4 real? "its all a pipe dream" youre not convincing, by the way, you simply sound like a purple x troll. so we are moving past your post
    Boy oh boy, is no sense of humor left on this board? Did you not see my signature?

Will add some smilies to my original post to stress the sarcasm even further
    Boy oh boy, is no sense of humor left on this board? Did you not see my signature?

Will add some smilies to my original post to stress the sarcasm even further

sometime you cant win.

i got your post.

it was funny.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I didn't think it was funny, but sad.

He went out of his way to denigrate a complete stranger - and got hoisted on his own petard.

What a ****ed-up individual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    sometime you cant win.

I guess a lot of people don't read to the end of posts.
    Hoisted? Is that what you call most of the responses you get?

Nah... it was actually fun to experience being on the cluless side without actually being cluless.
    ...it was actually fun to experience being on the cluless side without actually being cluless...
    Giggle.

-- Silverado (Humble student of gurus like SeldomVisitor, to whom I owe my newly developed keen ability to see behind the obvious in all things Palm.)

LOL!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Well if Ed Bradley etc can make good on their previous intention of rolling a out a "line of Treos" from the low affordable end to the high end, this might not such a concern. Hopefully, PalmOne will soon come out with a low end Treo to fill this gap...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Silverado, before you went here:
    In case it wasn't obvious, my previous message was completely facetious and sarcastic.
    you should have gone here:
    Will add some smilies to my original post to stress the sarcasm even further.
    As far as your signature,
    Silverado (Humble student of gurus like SeldomVisitor, to whom I owe my newly developed keen ability to see behind the obvious in all things Palm.)
    this is not the reason I read the forums; maybe you should have posted your signature instead of attacking me for what I had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoB
    wow, what a jackass comment, silverado! are u 4 real?
    Yeah, he was for real!
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    i got your post. it was funny.
    I'm glad you did, rereading it, I still dont see the humor; but thats me.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I guess a lot of people don't read to the end of posts.
    Since when did the end of the post (signature) be that which adds merit to the post?
    Quote Originally Posted by seldomv
    He went out of his way to denigrate a complete stranger - and got hoisted on his own petard.
    And in the end, he owes it all to you Seldom. "Silverado (Humble student of gurus like SeldomVisitor, to whom I owe my newly developed keen ability to see behind the obvious in all things Palm.)"
    Thank You Seldom for recognizing that what Silverado had to say in response to my response, to his response WASNT cool at all.

Personally, I dont think all the smilies in the world would make him funny!!!!!!!!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Personally, I dont think all the smilies in the world would make him funny!!!!!!!!
    It's sad that some folks think smiling while slapping you in the face somehow makes their slap LESS stinging.

Better than a smile-and-a-slap is never to have slapped in the first place - posts are important, posters are not.
    silverado - you make laugh! If I can figure out it was a joke ... well, we all should.

And Seldom, I don't want to leave you out either ... sooooo ... before you do, I will ... Giggle.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  17.    #17  
    silverado, sorry I got the joke, I was reading from webviewer which doesn't show you the signatures which would have clued me in to your joke on seldom. sorry about that! got it. I do think it is quite humorous now! keep em coming! lol
    As far as your signature, this is not the reason I read the forums; maybe you should have posted your signature instead of attacking me for what I had to say.
    When and I where do you think I attacked you?
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    [...]
    posts are important, posters are not.
    I disagree. Every heard the phrase "consider the source"?