1.    #1  
    I purchased a car charger from Verizon for the Verizon Treo 600. On the package, it says "compatible with Treo 600".

The charger does not appear to be working. It does not charge my Treo. I tried it in two different automobiles.

There is a small red light on the car charger. The light turns on when I plug the charger in to the cigarette lighter, and so it appears that the cigarette lighter is providing power to the Verizon car charger. That small red light turns off when I connect the charger to the Treo, and the Treo does not charge.

Do you have any suggestions?
    Do I need to do something else to get the car charger to charge my phone?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    buy a charger from someone else....
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    that may have sounded sarcastic, but it wasn't meant to be.....

I have found that the service providers seem to make a lot of money from selling (at a high price) poorly made accessories. There are some very good auto chargers and combo units out there. I got one from Seidio that has basically just the cigarette lighter plug and also a wall plug. you use a charging usb cable with it.

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...e=SUAK4HSTR300

they also have just the lighter adapter...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    that may have sounded sarcastic, but it wasn't meant to be..... I have found that the service providers seem to make a lot of money from selling (at a high price) poorly made accessories. There are some very good auto chargers and combo units out there. I got one from Seidio that has basically just the cigarette lighter plug and also a wall plug. you use a charging usb cable with it.
    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...e=SUAK4HSTR300
    they also have just the lighter adapter...
    Thank you Pabo.

After I read your message, I ordered some Seidio accessories. I did not order the ones you mentioned, because they were not exactly what I was looking for. (I did not need the USB connectors on the accessories.)

I went to www.seidioonline.com and ordered two items:
    a cigarette lighter charger for Treo 600 (Part No. SPHSTR300T30) for $12.95,

and a charger for my home for Treo 600 (Part Number STHSTR300TC20 "Rapid Travel charger") for $16.95.

I received them today. They both work perfectly. I am returning the Verizon car charger because it does not work.