1.    #1  
    This, so far, is the one treo competitor that I would seriously consider as an alternative to the T600 and maybe even the ACE. No flimsy keyboard like the P910, no ugly form factor like that BenQ phone. It has WIFI and bluetooth along with a high-res screen yet is sleek, compact, and stylish. Overall, this is a damn good-looking phone. I'd like to know what you guys think about this puppy right here:

http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/5076.html

-G
    It's not palm os - what good is it?
    what it is: tmo..........yuck
    what it isn't: palm os...........double yuck!
    Pocket PC not a chance tried that already.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    aside from the OS debate, i like the overall design but I think my main concern would be the keyboard. Since it slides out, the keys have to be really flat and I don't think I would care for that.
    Hate the OS. Decent looking phone. Does it have an expansion slot? Camera?
    Question: Why isn't anyone talking about T-Mobile's MDAIII???

Answer: Because this is a Treo board, not a MDAIII board.
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    what it is: tmo..........yuck
    what it isn't: palm os...........double yuck!

Actually the MDAIII is identical to the CDMA Daxian CU928 which will be released for Sprint later this year:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/foru...ea7491872ff622

The only difference between the CU928 and MDAIII is that the former will only have BT while the latter will have wifi. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $neither$ $of$ $these$ $devices$ $will$ $be$ $tri$-$wireless$ $according$ $to$ $the$ $reports$. $They$ $both$ $will$ $have$ $128$ $MB$ $of$ $Ram$. $It$ $is$ $certainly$ $a$ $impressive$ $device$ $and$ $specwise$, $but$ $I$ $think$ $the$ $Treo$ $Ace$ $will$ $certainly$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $hold$ $it$ $own$, $especially$ $against$ $the$ $CU928$...

First of all the Ace should have a higher rez camera and screen than the Daxian. The CU928 will have 128 MB of Ram, but it will also be bigger and more cumbersome than the Ace. The MDAIII (successor to Himilaya) will have wifi which is a huge trump card over the Ace, but if those wifi cards eventually come out, there should be adequate alternatives for the Treo. Then there is finally the platform debate which is pretty subjective IMO. I personally prefer PalmOS, but would not rule out the possibilty of getting the right PPC device. This first PPC phone that comes out with VGA, tri-wireless, dual slots, I'll be all over it!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    This first PPC phone that comes out with VGA, tri-wireless, dual slots, I'll be all over it!
    Dread the day that gfunkmagic will leave us for PPC device. Treo Ace, better up the ante and prove your worth.
    I like the slider thumboard, but its got no GSM 850
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    This first PPC phone that comes out with VGA, tri-wireless, dual slots, I'll be all over it!
    Rumor of XDA IV already emerges.

UMTS/quadband, VGA, first half of '05.
    This will be even more advance than Motorola Mpx.
    http://www.msmobiles.com/news.php/2823.html
    wow, quinband (850/900/1800/1900/2100), dualmode (GSM, WCDMA)...I wonder if it will do WCDMA 1900?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I would certainly try it...I greatly prefer the PPC OS, but the current PPC phones just aren't as good...they need the keyboard just as the Treo does. However, I'm enjoying having the Treo again(I gave the first one up for a P900...mistake!), and will continue to enjoy it. If the MDA III actually comes out, I will give it a shot depending on how the reviews go though...