1.    #1  
    Trying to figure out if Snappermail is what I need to be able to get emails on my 600. My ISP is AOL and I don't like it.

I want to swithch ISP's just once, so I want to choose the best ISP to use with the Snappermail / Treo600 combo.

Any thoughts or suggestions on snappermail / ISP combo would be greatly appreciated! thanks - Tom
    hello there...there's lots of other threads on snappermail on the forums...do a search and I'm sure you'll find lots of useful information. I use snappermail and like it because you get set up folders for email storage that don't eat into your ram like some other programmes, you can do auto fetching at set times, you can set it to auto disconnect after retrieving email, it's very easy to use and set up accounts and it works very well with the treo 600 re keypad etc...hope this helps !!
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for the input! By the way, do you recommend a certain ISP that works best with snapper/Treo. AOL is horrible and I want to switch. I was considering Earthlink...
    I use FastMail (www.fastmail.fm) and love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasB
    Thank you for the input! By the way, do you recommend a certain ISP that works best with snapper/Treo. AOL is horrible and I want to switch. I was considering Earthlink...
    - sorry, can't help you there, I'm based in the UK and have Blueyonder as my ISP on my mac - I can use the same settings on my treo to retrieve my email and browse
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I've used snapper for a while and love it. Your choice of ISP is less dictated by the use of snapper and more by whether you get reliable connections, etc. I use "one button" send / revceive to check email from 6 different accounts on 4 different servers.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks.

I am thinking about using a $20 per year Yahoo account for my email. I just need one that works. Still learning all this stuff. I did get Documents To Go and love that. It really helps. But the connectivity thing is a real drag for me. If I use Yahoo mail can I send and recieve do you think?
    I have the Yahoo Plus $20/year email package, and it works great with both Snappermail and the built in Handspring Mail software, both inbound and outbound. FYI - if you install JPEGWatch Lite and Handzipper Lite they both integrate well with Snappermail, they're free, and they'll keep Snapper from resetting when you try to view attached JPGs.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks! Can you tell me more about the Handzipper and Watchlite? Do I need those too. thanks
    Do a Google search on Handzipper, it should be there on the first web site that comes up (www.handwatch.com). you can get jpepwatch there as well.

Just trying to teach you to fish for yourself, Thomas

enjoy!
  11.    #11  
    Your right....
    If you install Snappermail, those other programs are included.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  13.    #13  
    The JPEG and Handzipper are included?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasB
    The JPEG and Handzipper are included?
    - yes !
    I think they are "light" versions, but they work great as-is.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!