1.    #1  

Well, I got my T600 on Father's Day and I've been lurking and doing a lot of reading here. What I've done so far is get e-grips, screen protectors and a Bellagio case w/clip. I've installed YAPS, FILEZ, TODAY so far as my 'utilities' and for fun, I've installed Space Trader and Prison. I did the Updater this morning and so far no problems. I'm going to be putting on Movierec later. Anyway, I'm just dropping a line to say hello to all and I'll now resume to lurking.

Henry
    Welcome aboard! And lurk away - it's the best way to become an expert in no time! Make it a goal to find one new cool thing a week My cool thing from last week was seeing the Textamerica Moblog in someone's signature and checking it out - very easy (and very free) Mobile Web Log - fun!
    Last edited by ericdfairchild; 07/06/2004 at 05:50 PM. Reason: more detail
    Welcome aboard, I'm sure you'll learn and enjoy it here and at similar boards. I don't do e-grips or the screen protector- the case I use has a plastic cover - it also helps that the Treo 600 does not live in a pocket. YAPs - gosh there are a bunch of these utilities floating around. I use HanDBase for all of my record keeping, though I have purchased two of them. I use FileZ and have tried Today - though it was not up my alley - I just use DateBook5. No games and like you, the update went without a hitch, though I didn't sync the datebook/contacts apps. I had to restore them from the SD card - not a big deal.

Lots of opionions floating around. Lots of help floating around. Don't be afraid though to try the programs yourself. Ben
    Welcome aboard. As the others stated, there's lots of info to be found here. It may sound obvious, but my advice is to use the search feature of this forum. Odds are your questions have been asked (and answered) before. Enjoy the Treo (your wife must REALLY love you)!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdfairchild
    Welcome aboard! And lurk away - it's the best way to become an expert in no time! Make it a goal to find one new cool thing a week My cool thing from last week was seeing the Textamerica Moblog in someone's signature and checking it out - very easy (and very free) Mobile Web Log - fun!
    Nice suggestion! One thing I'm going to do is get used to using it. The 'enhancements' I've installed so far have been good to me, except for Space Trader - it's caused me a couple of rests already. So, I'm real familiar with ##377.

Henry
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Welcome aboard, I'm sure you'll learn and enjoy it here and at similar boards. I don't do e-grips or the screen protector- the case I use has a plastic cover - it also helps that the Treo 600 does not live in a pocket. YAPs - gosh there are a bunch of these utilities floating around. I use HanDBase for all of my record keeping, though I have purchased two of them. I use FileZ and have tried Today - though it was not up my alley - I just use DateBook5. No games and like you, the update went without a hitch, though I didn't sync the datebook/contacts apps. I had to restore them from the SD card - not a big deal.

Lots of opionions floating around. Lots of help floating around. Don't be afraid though to try the programs yourself. Ben
    Ben,

I'm supposed to be getting my accessories today and I'm hoping they work for me. Filez has been good, I'm looking for better now. Today, I like a lot, but again...I'm looking. So, I'll be reading more and more.

Take care,
    Henry
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    .....Enjoy the Treo (your wife must REALLY love you)!
    She does!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    ... And you are invited to have fun in the "Off Topic" section of this forum and explore the impossible possibilities of absolutely nothing
    I didn't even know that there was such a section....I might just venture over.

Thanks,
    Henry