1.    #1  
    If I'm on a call and another call comes in, is there any way to hang up on one or the other of the indivudal calls? All I see is an option to Hang Up All or Swap.

I usually just let the other call hang up on me, but it seems to just sit there ticking away and I'm not sure if it is using minutes or not in that scenario.

Am I missing something obvious?
    nope...welcome to the 21st century and the world of call waiting. (land-line phones work exactly the same way)

it's just the way it works. I know they could have made the buttons a little more obvious, but then people would be complaining that they were getting charged for time they say they weren't using. There are several threads on this here.

The only way that you can for sure to have the call hang up is to, on Sprint at least, hang up all and the orginal call will ring your phone back.

digidep
    The manor described by digidep is accurate, though it does not work all the time. Yesterday it worked and this morning it did not. Oh, well. Ben
    I've read that you can use backspace to hang up the current call - but haven't had a chance to try it (has anyone tried this?)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen
    I've read that you can use backspace to hang up the current call - but haven't had a chance to try it (has anyone tried this?)
    on my sprint backspace is = to hang up all

digidep
    Me thinks...

the space (like on the desktop) just push the selected button!
    Ciao

Ettore
    backspace (aka delete) on a GSM Cingular Treo will hang up the call you are currently on and put you on the call that was on hold.

score another point for the GSM Treo
    Off to iPhone land...
    Look and read here
    Ciao

Ettore