Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 95 of 95
  1. #81  
    Hey Woof, this is why Hall defends the smut!

    Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    I work in the music industry and know first hand what hype is. It isn't called the entertainment business for nothing you know.
    It makes Hall MONEY$$$$!!!!

    Of course the true source of his "3:16" would not approve of such. But I guess for some it's about making a joke of gospel, while defending the opposite.
  2. #82  
    interesting how some folks do that, isnt it? hang a john 3:16 sign around themselves and then go around promoting or supporting everything their faith tries to teach them not to live with. and then they try to tell YOU youve got it all wrong. amazing. its like a character youd expect to see in some monty python movie, ya know? how can you take them seriously?
  3. hall316's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    #83  
    funny how you bible thumpers try to tie everything to the bible. 316 has nothing to do with that.
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    funny how you bible thumpers try to tie everything to the bible. 316 has nothing to do with that.
    the funny thing is im no bible thumper, jumping to conclusions are we?
  5. #85  
    whatever, hall.. all petty quibbling aside, i think we`ve made our points here. everyone has their own opinion on what is what. you just have to hope that the choices you make are the right ones, for your own kids, and are you comfortable with them when they involve generations of other impressionable young kids. music doesnt decide your fate, but it can certainly shape it.. ie... jason kidd. choose your own adventure.
  6. glenada's Avatar
    Posts
    777 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #86  
    Oh my! All this discourse over a T600 appearing in a video! Let's all relax, folks, take out the lawn chairs, and sit in the back yard with a nice gin & tonic!
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada
    sit in the back yard with a nice gin & tonic!
    Seeing post #86, I think you need to go easy on the gin .

    Sorry, could not resist!

    (edit - OK glenada, you removed the empty post and just spoiled my joke .)
  8. #88  
    Far from it. You are the wrong who has it wrong. I have not tried to force my morals on you - you have on me. In fact, you have insisted that what is right for you is right for everyone and that I must tolerate whatever you want. That is wrong.

    Ben

    -------------------

    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    interesting how some folks do that, isnt it? hang a john 3:16 sign around themselves and then go around promoting or supporting everything their faith tries to teach them not to live with. and then they try to tell YOU youve got it all wrong. amazing. its like a character youd expect to see in some monty python movie, ya know? how can you take them seriously?
  9. #89  
    How are we trying to tie everything to the Bible? You really are off in left field with no hope on getting to first base.

    What I have stated and it is a fact, the US is built on a Judeo-Christian foundation. Nothing more and nothing less.

    Also, "bible thumpers" - it seems as though when you are on the low side of a conversation and not making any sense, you have to resort to name calling. Express yourself in a sensible manner and if you cannot, then do not respond. Your name calling is typical of a "liberal" or someone "left" out. Personal attacks seem to be something you enjoy. Take care!

    Ben

    ----------------

    Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    funny how you bible thumpers try to tie everything to the bible. 316 has nothing to do with that.
  10. #90  
    Well put. About 2 years ago I came across a young friend listening to his CD. He unplugged the headset and gosh, what music. I asked him if his mother was aware of the type of music he was listening to and he said no. I then said something to the effect, "Why hide your music from your family, are you ashamed of it, afraid of what might be said?" He said his mother did not approve of it and my response was yes, I understood her viewpoint. He turned it off and never played it around us again. Objectionable words, theme, et cetera. Nothing to be gained from it.

    What the music industry needs to do is to promote what is good about this country and its people. There is so much more to be gained from it.

    Ben

    -----------------------

    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    whatever, hall.. all petty quibbling aside, i think we`ve made our points here. everyone has their own opinion on what is what. you just have to hope that the choices you make are the right ones, for your own kids, and are you comfortable with them when they involve generations of other impressionable young kids. music doesnt decide your fate, but it can certainly shape it.. ie... jason kidd. choose your own adventure.
  11. #91  
    It is nice to relax, take out the lawn chairs, et cetera. Here in Honolulu we have had a day with light tradewinds, high 80s and no rain. Ben

    -----------

    Quote Originally Posted by glenada
    Oh my! All this discourse over a T600 appearing in a video! Let's all relax, folks, take out the lawn chairs, and sit in the back yard with a nice gin & tonic!
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    The problem is not with him having a Treo. In my opinion, one of the problems is that Palm One chose him to display their product.
    I dont know how I missed this before....but since when did a entertainer/performer/ person period need PalmOne's permission to use a phone which is probably his anyway?

    Is there any concrete evidence that PalmOne chose him?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  13. #93  
    Since when did rappers actually purchase the items used in their videos?

    If it's in a video it was either rented or donated. I don't think they rent out Treos .
  14. #94  
    only pointing out that some music portrays bad lifestyles to young folks. thats not a great thing to do with future generations.

    there is enough to worry about from terrorists, why do we feel there's not something wrong with showing poor lifestyles as examples to the generations who will follow us?

    dont think showing this stuff will help the country's health very much when there is enough violence, bad behavior and terrorism
    in the world as it is. ya know?!

    my opinion and stickin to it.
    Last edited by treobk214; 08/04/2004 at 10:26 AM.
  15. #95  
    i'm sure palm would be so glad to see so much hype around nelly using the treo 600.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions