1.    #1  
    I've been having problems updating my Treo 600 with PalmOne's new software. It backs all the data, uploads the software update to the Treo and then crashes on me... Luckily the software is designed in such a way that you can recover all your previous data but the whole experience is a massive pain... Anybody else had problems updating their Treo? Any suggestions?

Cheers, A.

PalmOne's press release says that you can receive a free copy of Handmark's Backgammon when you complete the install...

You can download the update here at PalmOne's website. Let me know if you do indeed get the free game!
    I was having the same problem. At the suggestion of Palm, I backed up my Treo (they said to perform a Hotsync but I downloaded a backup utility) and then erased all of the data. I then performed a Hotsync and when asked I created a user name 'temp'. Once that was complete I began the installation of the upgrade and everything worked fine.

I then erased eveything again and restored my backup.

Once all that is done, dial ##786 to verify the software revision (this also will report your warranty date and your hardware rev).

Worked for me...
  3.    #3  
    Thank you very much for the tip!

I'm going to try that as soon as I have a minute.

Cheers, A.