1.    #1  
    like the nokia phones do?
    I want to know if a program can get the cell ID, and other cellular info, so it can locate you, and issue all kinds of events.
    for example lower the ringing volume when u r at the office.

Niv
    What wireless provider are you inquiring about? I know ##debug command gives you this type of info on Sprint, but I dunno if it is accessible to applications...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Gfunk, how might one do this ##debug? Just for curiosity.
    Handspring Treo 300 --> Handspring Treo 600--> PalmOne Treo 650--> HTC PPC 6700--> HTC Mogul---> HTC Touch Pro---> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by FreePour
    Gfunk, how might one do this ##debug? Just for curiosity.

Exactly like I said. Goto the dial pad and enter ##debug or ##33284.

In fact there are a whole bunch of ##commands that you can enter. Do a search and you'll find them all...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    n fact there are a whole bunch of ##commands that you can enter. Do a search and you'll find them all...

How do you do a ## search? I did a ##33284 and got lots of information (not that I know what I'm looking at).
    gfunk means do a search of this site and you will find them
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    gfunk means do a search of this site and you will find them

Thanks but how do you do a search of this site? I have a Treo 600 on Sprint service. If I do "##33284" I get a how lot of information that I don't understand. There is no way to go further with this information. No other options are available one you get into this site. How do I do a search to find othr ## commands?
    at the top og this page there is a search tab (next to new posts) just type in there something like codes and threads will come up and within them there will be different codes
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I have tried the ##debug command in my Treo 600/T-Mobile and I get an error message saying "The network could not complete your call. To try again: wait a few moments, then tap Redial." I wait and tap and still get the error message.

Gfunk come through again. Thanks in advance. Robert, Austin. Tejas
    I think T-mobile are gsm not cdma so U need the gsm codes.
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexTreo600
    I have tried the ##debug command in my Treo 600/T-Mobile and I get an error message saying "The network could not complete your call. To try again: wait a few moments, then tap Redial." I wait and tap and still get the error message.

Gfunk come through again. Thanks in advance. Robert, Austin. Tejas

For GSM Treos, the command syntax is "#*command" while for Sprint Treos it is "##command".

Below are a couple threads listing all the various commands:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...commands+codes

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...commands+codes

Gfunk, you da man!!!! BUT none of the codes worked with my Treo 600/T-Mobile using the single "#" without the quote marks. :>(

Any T-Mobilers out there able to get any code to work? The codes?
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexTreo600
    Gfunk, you da man!!!! BUT none of the codes worked with my Treo 600/T-Mobile using the single "#" without the quote marks. :>(

Any T-Mobilers out there able to get any code to work? The codes?
    Maybe we're miscommunicating here, it not a single # but #*. For example, dial:

#*33284

The above syntax should work on gsm treos...

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Maybe we're miscommunicating here, it not a single # but #*. For example, dial:

#*33284

The above syntax should work on gsm treos...
    T-Mo user, tried #*33284 on dial pad, it would not work. Just goes back to the dial pad without doing anything.
    I am using T-Mobile and I get the same results from the #*33284 command. The one that does work and is probably th emost useful is #*377 (#*err). This command shows the most recent error and which application caused it.
    gfiml IS THA' MAN!!! My Treo 600/T-Mobile "worked" with #*377 but not with #*33284. Anyway, thanks again, gfunk always comes through.

I may regret it, but now I am going to check back in this thread to the links that had lots of code and try those codes with "#*." If my Treo 600 crashes and burns, it was nice knowing all of you. Robert in Austin, Texas
    I retract my other posting. #*33284 does work even if you just see it go back to the dial pad. I was able to confirm this because I tried to turn off my Treo and it diplayed a panel that says: "Your are currently running a ## command...." or something similar. Anyway, it says to turn off the command or reset the device. Since I don't know how to turn the ## commands off, I just soft reset the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    I retract my other posting. #*33284 does work even if you just see it go back to the dial pad. I was able to confirm this because I tried to turn off my Treo and it diplayed a panel that says: "Your are currently running a ## command...." or something similar. Anyway, it says to turn off the command or reset the device. Since I don't know how to turn the ## commands off, I just soft reset the Treo.
    Let me correct this again, apparently, I have been trying out one too many codes at the same time.
    Anyway,
    Does not work or do anything,
    #*33284 = debug,
    #*744 = signal strength?,
    #*727 = '???',

Works:
    #*727766 = it says: passthrough enabled,
    #*7277633 and #*727763 = it says: passthrough disabled,
    #*633 = it turns off wireless,
    #*8778 = it turns off wireless, but when you enter it again (while wireless is off), it toggles back and forth to "software download disabled" and "software download enabled".
    At this point, when your wireless turns on by itself, you have decided to turn on the wireless via the button on your Treo, it will say "Not Enough Power to activate Wireless Mode." If you press ok, it will go into a never ending network search. Reset your phone and it will go back to normal.
    #3424 = it says: this toggles between "passthrough enabled" and "passthrough disabled".
    #*733 = it displays the system error log, last application that crashed your Treo OS.
    *#*#777# = displays if SIM lock has been removed (please do not confused with your phone being lock to a single carrier. The SIM lock is just to prevent unauthorized use of mobile account.)
    #*889 = it says: TTY enabled, it toggles off and on when you enter it again.
    #*744625 = displays signal strength panel as follows:
    RSSI 5040
    EC/O 63528
    Anyone knows what these stands for?

(Had to re-edit for clarity and updated information).
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 07/06/2004 at 09:34 PM.
    Addendum to above:
    *31# Block Caller ID
    *#31# Status of Caller ID (I could not get a reliable status on my phone)
    #31# Unblock Caller ID (I could not get this to work)
    *#06# Get IMEI (This works)
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 08/01/2004 at 04:18 AM.